Monday, October 15, 2018

my week

First I loose all my maps on my TomTom and can't get computer to recognize that it's even connected. I could have used that GPS device on my trip but used my phone's map instead.  This week my google gets hacked and I have change passwords. That affects my phone and to reset my google home is not working.  

 Last week I was at the WAF reunion.   Glad to be back with the little girls after picking them up from my son.  Right back into our obedience class the same night. 

Wednesday I had lunch with Michael and in the evening I went to the AMVETS meeting.  The meeting wasn't the same since John passed away.

Thursday I went to yoga, had my tires rotated (with Amber in the waiting room practicing tricks), took Sophie to Reflections, had my photo with the dogs taken for the Canine Courier new member article, then Catholic War Veterans meeting.

Friday I spent most of the day at the state fairgrounds with the agility run.  My task was called the "leash runner".  At the beginning, the handler drops leash and I run it to the exit while the dog is jumping, weaving and tunneling.   It was cold and wet and there was snow in Bloomington.    There was a little frost in the morning.  I turned the heat on.  The following morning it was a nice 84 degrees in the house as set for a conservative air conditioning summer mode.

Saturday I went to Quincy Veterans Home Advisory Council and carpooled with Rex.  I represented the Women's Overseas Service League and Rex was a delegate for the Korean War Veterans group.  I presented a check from our Catholic War Veterans post even though I represented WOSL.  I changed hats.

I had a quick turn around time to walk the dogs and change for the Effingham Ball.  This ball was set post Civil War when Grant was president titled as "1872 Celebration and Civil War Era Grand Ball".  It was their 3d annual but first for me. I knew before but had conflicts.

The dances were led by Debra Hyland, Dance Mistress.  Preparing for the Gothic Dance.
Local Effingham news on this ball can be found on this  link:
http://www.effinghamdailynews.com/news/local_news/attendees-take-on-roles-of-civil-war-era-during-ball/article_c7455a02-15cc-5d9c-9c33-da8ac7e5da6a.html

Sunday morning I went to Mass with Catholic War Veterans.  Afterward it was suggested that we have breakfast at the Knights of Columbus on the opposite side of town.   It was a fundraiser for Alzheimer support.  After breakfast, since I was on the opposite side of town already and nearly noon, I went to the Echos of Yesteryear, cemetery walk, at Oak Ridge.


This portray caught my attention with the documented compliment on his hat. The reference to the lack of documentation on the Lincoln hat at the Presidential museum. His speech inflection was the best. He used his notes the most.
She sat the whole time.  Loved her Titanic era look.

Everything about Aunt Carrie was new information to me. Post Grape Nuts to King's Daughters.
More photos from the newspaper here:
http://www.sj-r.com/photogallery/LS/20181014/NEWS/101409999/PH/1?start=2

I've tested my Halloween decoration on the dog.  Sophie is indifferent.
 
Amber fears the Halloween figure.

This is an important test for temperament for therapy dogs.





No comments:

Blog Archive