Monday, December 4, 2017

My Week


How about this mild weather we've had this week for a post Thanksgiving/first of December!  It's been in the 50s-60s.  Of course that changes when the sun goes down.  Now we'll be in for a shock the coming week as the temperature drops and snow is in the forecast.

Tuesday I had a minor part in the dedication of the Illinois Capitol's Nativity Scene ceremony.



When I got home I quickly got Sophie over to her Therapy Dog visit.
 Thursday was a board of directors meeting of the Lincoln Monument Association.  We had been asked to merge with the Old State Capitol Foundation but we voted to just disband since they are not interested in our few life members or funds to turn over.
I watched a movie called "The Sleeping Room"

Thursday evening we had a board meeting of the Lincoln Monument Association. We voted to dissolve the organization.  Technically duties will be merged with the Old State Capitol Foundation.  LMA just can't keep going in the direction it's going financially.

Friday I volunteered at the Lincoln Tomb.  Afterward I went to the Nativity Festival.  I took pictures of some belonging to people I know

 Above belongs to Peggy.  She goes to my church.
 These belong to Dan and Anita.  Note that the little one foreground right is from Poland and I was with Paula when she bought it for him.

 These belongs to Mary.  She's in our reenactment group.



Saturday I was at the Old State Capitol with our Soldiers Aid Society.  Our topic was Civil War Toys.

Afterward I picked up a few donations on the way home and brought them to the Legion Christmas party.  They were accepting donations for the Homeless veterans shelter.

Sunday morning was our monthly memorial Mass of the Catholic War Veterans at St Jude in Rochester.  It was nice to see Kathy Smith, a WW2 veteran, since she doesn't get to many of our gatherings but St Jude is her home parish.
You can see Kathy's interview for the Illinois Veterans History Project here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUNDTzkM94

Now that it is Advent, I must prepare for the coming.  Things will get wild and crazy on the schedule.



No comments:

Blog Archive