Monday, December 18, 2017

My Week


Wow, three Christmas parties in one week: Womens Overseas Service League, AmVets and Catholic War Veterans all had Christmas gatherings.  Here's a picture of our Womens Overseas Service League:
Here's a picture at the Catholic War Veterans Christmas party taken at Chesapeake Seafood House.

 Commander Pat Noel and his wife Bettie being served.  She banged her finger in the car door just earlier.  Somehow it seems funny when it happens to her because Pat is missing part of his finger (can sort of see a short pointer there in the picture in the red shirt).  Oh that fresh bread with honey butter!!!!

Friday I went to St Louis to see Message at Midnight. 
   

Saturday was busy.  It started with Wreaths Across America at Camp Butler at 11.  I left early knowing that parking might be a challenge on a nice mild day.  Then there was the long train on Camp Butler road.  I turned around to take an alternate route when I noticed the long train between me and Camp Butler move in reverse.  However, as I'm re-routing on a parallel road, I saw the train move and the time savings was a draw.
Here is Dave Mcknelly, the location leader for the event.  Some of you may recall that he was at my side when Frank past away.  He and his partner, Cher, helped drive me home when Frank died.


Oh, and since I'll be buried off to the right, I stomped on that space.



Afterward I went to Edwards Place for the Holiday Tea.  I accompanied Mary Disller.  She wore her curtain dress provided I assure her that she wouldn't dress up alone.  I told her she looked more like Fiona.  I wore my bustle dress knowing I'd be wearing it later in the evening at the candle light tour at the Elijah Iles House.   The four rooms were decorated with different time period styles.  I interpreted the kitchen decorated in 1910 look.  That made for a long day.  The weather was so nice that people came.



Sunday I was the first reader at Mass.  Each week a new addition to our our decor gets added for Advent without the big display yet.   Sean and Moe did their usual Sunday laundry and I made shepherds pie.

No comments:

Blog Archive