Tuesday, November 28, 2017

My Week

Well it's been a week since Pearl was hit by a car and the memory came back on Sunday when the usual walk after Sean left left. 
So I compared my wine rack to my sisters.  She won. 


Monday I cleared 11 bags of leaves as my big accomplishment.  I was amazed that the wind didn't dump it all but each bag held the other one up in a group.  Then early Tuesday they were picked up.  Whew! Just in time.

Tuesday I picked up our fresh, Amish, turkey at Humphrey's Market for $42.  
 Wednesday was the anniversary of the 1963 assassination of President Kennedy.  I now learn he had a bad back too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jfks-assassination-aided-by-his-bad-back-records-show/ar-BBFtwpE?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
I got a few last minute items at ALDI.  I got their high end wine.  LOL.

Alan arrived just as I was about to leave for Thanksgiving Mass.   I quickly asked him for a hand to lower my lawn mower out of my SUV that I'd been hauling around since Tuesday.  The smell of its gas wreaked when I opened my door.  I took my table wine to Thanksgiving morning Mass along with donations to the food pantry.
 The shiny thing in the middle is my bottle of high class Aldi Rhine wine that is on its side like a wine rack would be.
Dinner was great.  You can see I got a roll of Amish butter in the middle of the table  The toy turkey doesn't work even with new batteries.  My sons did not take any leftovers with them.  I predict a much smaller meal next year.
All three of us walked our dogs.  We watched a movie on TV.

After they left I cleaned up the stuffing left from the stuffed animals they tore up.  I had to use a narrow pointed brush to get all of it out of the vacuum cleaner's channels.  I washed the table cloth and oven mits.  Now to get my Advent wreath out.

I ordered myself a new GPS unit on a Black Friday special only it happened to be on Tuesday.  The Tom Tom I'd been using was Frank's Father's Day gift so that meant it was probably at least 15 years old.  It would no longer update and the connections were corroded.  It arrived on Friday.  Should I use it now or put it under the tree labeled to myself?

Sunday I was a reader.  It was the Feast of Christ the King and the end of the liturgical year.  So I wore my tiara.  I sat in a pew with Jim and Suz and after Mass they invited me to breakfast.  

Sean came for his Sunday laundry.  I left in the middle of the cleaning to join the Sid Wood Toy Run but got home before he was done.  He fixed the broken ceiling fan chain mechanism that Alan had shown him after I got the part.
Here I am with Santa and Senator Sam McCann and the Wiezoreks.
 Moe wanted to grab my wig out of my hands while I was getting ready.  He thought it was one of his stuffed toys that I usually give him.


You can see me on the back of the Can-Am in this video at the 1:00 mark
 
I signed up for the No Gain-Maintain at Powerworks
I was gifted a ticket from Liz and Chris to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis.   Wow, when I looked at the ticket, it was $72.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive