Monday, March 2, 2015

My Week

Wow, snow last weekend and snow this weekend.  Although there was more last weekend, it felt like more this weekend because of the accumulation I suppose.  After being away from dance practice with the Metamora group for three months, I finally got back in the groove.  I asked Jean what was new at the museum and he pointed out this chair that Lincoln sat in and broke.

I saw the top of my daffodils on Wednesday.   Then Thursday the snow covered them up again.

Thursday morning I went to our discussion group on the Eucharist.  When asked about the "collect", I knew when it was in the Mass when others did not.

Thursday evening I went to
Evening with the Creators - How It All Began Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum–Union Theater Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Friday morning I woke to a record cold temperature.  WICS reported at 6:00 the temperature has dropped to Minus 11 (-11) -
So I remind my little Pekinese that it gets cold in China where her ancestors are from.  I think that's why she wanted to go for a walk and I did not.

I volunteered at the OSC and it was Model Illinois Government Day (future politicians from colleges around the state).  Groups of college students occupied some of the rooms.  When they left for lunch, they left the doors open.   You may recall above that it's freezing out.  So I stayed by the door as they returned from lunch closing it constantly.  One said that there were others on the steps.  Ha! If they weren't in a hurry, I'll just close it again.
Also, our Secretary of State, Jesse White, was there for an interview for the end of Black History Month and a display that he sponsored.  The interview took place in the the Secretary of State's office at the Old State Capitol.  I had my picture taken with him.
The staff was happy to oblige when I handed her my camera.

I watched A Woman Called Moses about Harriet Tubman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LndJrZcEKto
I watched Jennifer Beals - A House Divided House Divided.  A true story of a Georgia will being contested in court by his estranged brothers over his half breed daughter.  Very moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtqxip5s9A
Uncle Tom's Cabin - 1987 Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8LiI4Nz6pQ

I now have all the wallpaper off the kitchen walls.  I found some powdered Spackle in the garage for small touch up areas.  It may be a few weeks before both of my sons can help me paint.  Meanwhile, I'll be climbing around to get to the microwave with furniture in disarray.

I went to the 24th Annual Desert Storm Memorial Service Saturday, February 28, 2015 11:00 a.m. at the Illinois Military Museum at Camp Lincoln. Grace Miller, president of our Womens Overseas Service League, and I got our picture with the new Acting Director of the Illinois Veterans Affairs, Erica Jeffries.


Sunday morning we woke up to about 7" of snow and rising. I shoveled it before going to church.  There wasn't too many at Mass. I had damp boots so I took them off and went to communion in my socks.  Not like there was a crowd.
Neighbor brought me some moscacolli from the school fundraiser at Sacred Heart HS.

No comments:

Blog Archive