Monday, March 23, 2015

My Week

Yippie, my motorcycle is running. I put the replacement battery in myself (under warranty).  I never would have expected that my problem was a battery that I just got August 20th.   It had been on a trickle charger over winter and later on a full charger.

I took Sophie to the Shortest St Patrick's Day Parade in Chatham which was like 50 feet at best between two local bars.  She didn't fit in the outfits I had for Bentley so I had some temporary green hair dye and a bow.  She's Chinese, Irish, and Italian/Greek (based on her namesake).
Wednesday I made the rounds to the thrift stores and had lunch with Michael. I ended up turning the heat off for a few days but turned it back on again.

Thursday was one of those days where being retired was not too relaxing.  It was yoga day with the "Silver Sneakers" and also "Pink Boa Day" at Powerworks to support Char Shallow!  (I don't know her).  Fr George is showing off his FOX news coffee cup.
Then at 9:30 I met at church for our Lenten discussion on the Eucharist.  At noon I went to the Old State Capitol and gave tours. Seems that there used to be free WiFi at the Old State Capitol but that was cut.  I signed up til 4 but didn't leave till 4:30 because there were people I still was touring.  Happens all the time.   Then I thought I was done and could relax.  I got home and tried to get caught up on my messages and there was one reminding us of an ABATE meeting so it was not time to relax. What a busy day.

Friday I finally got a bi-fold closet door for the spare bedroom which is really used as a storage room.  Afterward I went to a big funeral at Boondocks for Penny Roscetti.  She made a good-by video for her memorial back in January that was played.  She told us not to cry because she was OK with the cancer.  I cried anyway against her wishes.

Saturday my sons helped me paint my kitchen.  Kitchen is painted white thanks to my sons helping me. It's had wallpaper for a long time and you could see pencil marks from the original construction under at least 3 different patterns in the past. Not on top of each other but there were remnants of blue stripes at one time then that 70s green and orange flower print. I had put up dark Harlequin pattern. The white semi-gloss makes it look bigger and brighter. I'll pull off the frog tape in the morning.

Sunday afternoon, I went to see Fiddler on the Roof with members of my Silver Sneakers group from Powerworks.  What wonderful talent!  I probably would not have gone on my own but I'm sure glad I got to see this.  Afterward we had dinner at Chesapeake Seafood House.  It is nice to see us all dressed nice instead of in gym clothes all the time.


At Mass, I picked up a card for prayer and support for one of our First Communicants off the tree (or as Father called it, twig).  Since this was random, I chose a name card from the tallest branch.  Maybe I can solicit my friends to add their prayers also since I'm not good at praying.  He will be receiving his First Communion on April 26.
Sophie isn't feeling well. She started shivering on Sunday and lays down in the road during a walk. She stopped dropping her squeaky toy in front of me to play. Monday I took her to the Vet.  He checked her temperature and took some blood.  After 1.5 hr in waiting room she checks out good. I got some oral drops for her twice a day. Dr Boyce's daughter is in the Navy and being promoted to Navy Capt in a few weeks. He seemed to fix her third eyelid that is popped out.  I thought that it was just a blemish that I had to get used to.  They eye lid could still pop out again.  I'll be keeping an eye on her behavior.

No comments:

Blog Archive