Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Week

Tuesday morning I mailed out all my Christmas cards.  Reminds me of what we used to yell when we played "hide and seek"  which was "Here I come ready or not".

Wednesday I should have gone to a Christmas party at the VFW but since I was feeling ill most of the day I didn't go.  In fact I was so stuffy that I could have blacked out.  I walked in a zig-zag because my equilibrium messed up my balance.

Friday I went to the Old State Capitol for Stories with Santa.  I helped with the refreshments.   The other lady that was supposed to help me was a no-show.



 I left at 8 PM to go to the Committee Ball at the Hilton.  I didn't stay late because I needed to rest up for the ball in St Louis.  Well, I was planning to car pool down with other reenactors from Springfield early Saturday morning and I got all dressed but we decided the ice storm would be unsafe to go there.  I guess it was God's way of saying that I needed to stay home and prepare for his birth.  I did get a few Christmas presents for my sons and bought the meal.

Saturday morning while dressing for the ball that wasn't, I could have sworn my hair went gray in the back over night.  Apparently it was the glare of the lights in the bathroom but it had me going there for a moment.

Sunday morning I went to Mass and at the end, Fr welcomed Lt Dan White who came home for Christmas.  I gave him one of my Soldiers Angels Thank You for your service cards.  
I came home and started (only started) this messy house that has stuff all over from reenacting, Christmas decorating, put off by all the events I go to after work.  This procrastination was coupled by the fact that I've had a head cold dragging me down.  In fact, I slept 11 hours on Saturday night.

On Dec 4th, I ordered a birth certificate from Wisconsin's 3d party provider for an appointment at the SS office on Dec 23d.  It hadn't arrived despite 2 attempts to fax my drivers license so last Friday I had faxed a request for my birth certificate and paid $48 plus $16 extra for priority directly to the archives.  So Monday I come home from work to see if my priority mail containing my birth certificate arrived in the mail for my 2:15 appointment at Social Security.  I cam home before my appointment and my mail arrives late.  I drive around the neighborhood looking for the mail truck, stop at the post office and nothing. So I go to my appointment without it because the appointment was hard to get in advance and my drivers license satisfied the requirement. Well I get home with a note on my door that my package needed a signature and that they'd try again tomorrow - while I'm at work. Geez

So I found this elf hat at the Goodwill for $1 and took a chance that it would work with a few batteries. I couldn't get it to work. So I took it to work and Michael showed me where the button was to turn it on. The button seemed to float between the fabric so I sewed a semi circle around it to keep it from moving and also to find the little button. That bell was so annoying too. I took it off and replaced it with a green sequin strand/tassel.  I also put green sequin strand around that button because it's hard to find.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JvUEBhwP4#t=15

Well I'm starting to bring a few things home from my desk of 13 years at work.  It becomes a home away from home and lots of stuff.

I just want you to know that I believe!  Santa was a parents way of teaching our children about the magic of Christmas miracles that will transfer into a more mature reality about miracles about our Savior. I believe!

No comments:

Blog Archive