Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Week

Well I caught a mouse in a trap on Wednesday.  They mowed the corn field and it's getting cold so mice are looking for a hideout.

Wednesday I put in a resignation for my job to retire.  That is stressful but by coincidence it was the day that Illinois voted for pension reform.

Watched the new Sound of Music.

My son had to have new brakes on his car putting him back $ 800

I was part of the Chatham American Legion honor guard for this event on both Friday and Saturday.  We got a free meal for it but I still don't know how they could put on such a nice show for $20.
I found a new home through freecycle for 3 TVs, a rubber window seal for an old car, and a new box of Tarot cards.
Saturday morning was a good day to start all those twigs and stuff in the fireplace. I've been waiting for a day like this...well ... not really. It's friggin' cold. At least I didn't smoke the house up.

I'd like to give a shout out to my nephew who graduated from bootcamp.

I was a reader at Mass on Sunday and prayed that I wouldn't run up one of my coughing fits.  I was OK.  There were donuts and coffee after Mass to welcome newcomers.  I didn't see any new folks...
I lit two candles on my Advent Wreath.

Sunday I went to see the Nativity Festival at the Ciara Center.  There was a booklet to describe each Nativity but we had to turn this in at the end of the tour so I can only share the photos that I took.

































Monday I went to Mass for the feast of the Immaculate Conception. 

I got a Victorian hat and carpet bag delivered that I had ordered.  Great items.  The hat came with a hat box but it seems the box is too small to get the hat back in it. I'd like to wear it for the upcoming Victorian Tea at Edwards Place on Friday.




No comments:

Blog Archive