Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Week

Bentley ate all the training treats in my fanny pouch for Marley’s dog class.  I had to restock.  
 
Thursday I met with my financial counselor from First Command.  Things are pretty well on track towards my retirement.  She suggested that I don’t collect my SS until age 70 for the higher rate.  Then after that I came home for our dog training class.  One of our fellow classmates was a photographer and offered to take pictures of the owners and their dogs for free.  That was really nice.  Next week is our last class.  Some will go on to more advanced training.  It’s amazing to see how far these dogs have come in their behavior.
 
Friday I went to a homecoming of the soldiers at Camp Lincoln.
 
 Farmer/soldiers return to Illinois from Afghanistan
I found this picture on the NG facebook page of my and another veteran holding the welcome home banner.  
 
I have my soldiers angels wear red on Friday tee shirt.
In evening I went to see a play called Late Night Catechism at the Legacy Theater.  I went in my school girl best.
 
Saturday I attended volunteer training at the Old State Capitol.  Lunch was included.  There were many new faces there.  I still learned a lot.  I also joined the Old State Capitol Foundation.  We now have a place to lock up our belongings while giving a tour and other tips like the most asked questions of our visitors.
 
My car got a detailing on Monday.  My oldest son took me to pick it up.  My youngest son brought my little motorcycle home from having a windshield installed.  He dropped off the Piaggio.
 
I’ve been going to strength classes thru the Y on Mon and  Wed.  Tuesday I experimented by trying the Zumba.  I couldn’t make it the whole half hour and left, err, finished early.  My coworker laid down his HD Sportster for the first time.  I brought home some fine VFW chicken dinners.
 
I’ve altered a VFW honor guard shirt to transform from a man’s size small to a woman’s size small. That was a challenge.   I’m also starting to sew some more neck coolers for summer to go into the soldier’s boxes.
 
My cat was walking around the neighborhood with a sticky mouse traps stuck on his behind.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive