Friday, April 13, 2012

My Week

Friday I took the afternoon off to rest up before the midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show in St Louis. I updated my website too. I wore my costume like Columbia. While waiting in line on the street around midnight, there must have been about 70 some bicyclists riding down the center of the road in University City with many in costumes or bikes that were decorated. I guess it was like weirdoes (Rocky fans) meeting weirdoes (bicycling fans). Many of the Samurai Electricians were new because the young ones get married and start a family that keeps them from being on the shadow cast. I think only 2 recognized me. I was pleased with the progress they’ve made on props and interaction with the audience.




Saturday morning, since I got up later, I went on an Easter Basket ride to the Sojourn Shelter for abused women and children. I dropped off 3 baskets with about 35 other bikers. In addition, a flyer was passed out for Bob Evans to donate 15% of the meal purchase would also go to the shelter so I took my sons to dinner. It was a reward for helping change the blades on the riding lawn mower.



At Mass, we sing a special Alleluia song before the Gospel is ready. I must admit it’s quite catchy. Well, as Mass progressed, we all smiled as a child could be heard singing a solo Halle Halle Halle Hallelujah like the one on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk769aB3tPA The flowers on the alter were lovely and there was even a hidden rabbit.


I had a plumber to come fix my stopper in my sink so I picked up a new faucet to match. It looks great and now I don’t have to worry about something accidentally going down the drain.



I cleaned out the fireplace for the season. Had a little frost Wednesday morning. My son keeps turning on my heat and I keep turning it off.



I sewed stripes on my uniform mess dress for a USO fundraiser coming this Saturday in New Berlin, IL. I believe I may be stopping there on the way home from Quincy Veterans Home because there is an advisory board there at 10AM.

Ok, so I was paying my bill when I heard someone mention the Easter Flamingo. I had to come home and googled this phenomenon. Apparently those plastic eggs come from plastic flamingos.

I went to get my chicken dinners for me and my son at the VFW. Last month the metal tongs pinched me and made me bleed. So new plastic tongs were showing up at the buffet. This week, I used the plastic tongs and it broke at the salad bar right in the middle of the arm (not at the joint).

I had lunch with the Womens Overseas Service League on Tuesday. Lately the lunch at the American Legion has gone downhill so I just had a salad.

Sean took the week off of work. Understand he’s going to miss our Amvets meeting this evening because he’s trying out to be a guitar player in a band.

U.S. Rep. Biggert discusses the Illinois Patriot Guard's traveling memorial wall, which stopped in Naperville to honor fallen heroes from Illinois in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUZzehS1H30

No comments:

Blog Archive