Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Week


I got an email from my soldier in Afghanistan.

There ought to be a law against deep frying in an office break room. Sure smells up my office. Last year they fried fish. This time it's rabbit. Happy Easter.

I went to the fish fry at the American Legion and it was dark because a transformer went out. Things went on with the doors open for light.

Saturday morning I helped with the neighborhood clean up. There were supposed to be various groups there and I got notice the the American Legion. I saw students and Jaycees there but no one from the American Legion. I picked up one trash bag till it was full . I found a mowed-over dollar bill (not enough to tape together), a quarter, and a dead rabbit that was real freshly killed and munched upon. I had to leave at 10AM for a group meeting up at the Quick N Easy station to head to Litchfield for a Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Parade in which the Patriot Guard Riders were in. The parade started at 1PM and I had to be back by 3PM for a 3:30 Passion skit practice. I had plenty of time so I got a patch of grass mowed. Afterall, it takes my battery charged mower 4 charges to get through the back yard. I could not start up my riding mower. My son got it started after the fact. Lot of good that does now.


The Passion roles went well and we were proud that the lines were good.


After church I had lunch and then got ready for the ABATE Easter Basket ride to Hope School. That is the home for the severely disabled kids. They get excited at the roar of motorcycles.



I do not ride my motorcycle to work any more. I did not move my car this weekend. After the Easter Basket run I filled the tank on Buck and calculated the fuel economy at 54 MPG.

My neighbor collected 5 lbs of morrel mushrooms. It’s the big secret to know how and where they are.

March was the warmest on record. I is nice to sit outside on a warm night with my laptop. It's hotter inside but not enough for the A/c when I can just relocate. Only caution is making sure there are no insects in my glass of wine. Better yet…bring the bottle.I took off of work on Tuesday to spend time with one or our Gold Star Mothers and her Grandson. They were in town to read a book about healing at a local school but the teacher that originally was contacted was no longer available. So we had a picnic at Camp Butler with his daddy’s stone. I brought a blanket and snacks. Flowers and balloons. The lady at County Market told me there was a nationwide shortage of helium and after her tank is empty, that’s it. We left flowers and sent a helium ballon to his daddy in Heaven. After lunch we went to see the Lincoln Home and the Old State Capitol and the Lincoln Tomb. There, Andrew rolled down the hill in the grass a number of times and started to itch bad. We had to make a stop at Walgreens for alcohol and benedryl. We also stopped by the Goodwill to get him a shirt so he wouldn’t itch from that. We went to the VFW for dinner where Andrew played a little game of “Man VS Food” with me and our pudding.

Thursday evenings I go to dog obedience class. I'm emotionally drained but Marley made me somewhat proud. As long as I don't compare her to others, she has come a long way.

I tried the kick boxing session instead of weights during lunch exercise. I usually do the weight training on Monday and Wednesday but Tuesday and Thursday is Zumba and Kickboxing. SWEAT!

For Easter our Parish is having families decorate a banner for a display called "Shields of Faith". Here's the banner that I just finished. It reads "Faith is knowing He Will" For Easter our Parish is having families decorate a banner for a display called "Shields of Faith". Mine reads "Faith is knowing He Will"


A funny thing happened at work when I had to call a buisiness that was using a cheap phone system called Majic Jack. Calling started off with advertising and then I was told my phone number was restricted and I should let my provider to release the restriction. I think this is because they were cheap and a State of Illinois line is unmarked on caller ID.

No comments:

Blog Archive