Monday, June 29, 2020

My Week

 

Fireflies and fire crackers

It's that time of year for fireflies and scaring my dogs.
Amber and Sophie went to "Bubbles of Fun" on Tuesday.  This is the first time they both went at the same time. 

So while I was out and about, I dropped my bike off for maintenance and went shopping at Menards.  I try to make the most of a trip like that because I just don't like breathing through a mask in public.  It often steams up my glasses and can't read labels as well.  I got my 4 concrete blocks, salt water taffy, chicken feet, red tape,  coffee, hand sanitizer, hinge for the coffin lid,

I had to get a bacon cheeseburger to see if it was as good as the commercial.

The expensive New Balance shoes that I bought April 2019 were wearing out.  Wednesday I got a new pair of AVIA shoes at the Goodwill for about $3. 

I ordered a new cable between my Belkin hub and laptop. The new Macbook Air has a weird port called UAB-C and no place for a USB jump drive without the hub.  This was designed for wireless cloud and "air drop" transfers.

You may have noticed a lot of flack about the folded flag for Floyd. Well it wasn't a casket flag. Floyd's flag was smaller and came with a proclamation. I'm not saying he was a deserving hero either ~ which is the biggest part of the veterans complaints. Anybody can request one. My mother requested a flag flown on my retirement date below. Here's the link. https://www.aoc.gov/flags


You may have noticed a lot of flack about the folded flag for Floyd. Well it wasn't a casket flag. Floyd's flag was smaller and came with a proclamation. I'm not saying he was a deserving hero either ~ which is the biggest part of the veterans complaints. Anybody can request one. My mother requested a flag flown on my retirement date below. Here's the link. https://www.aoc.gov/flags


Friday I went to obedience practice for first time in over 3 months. Amber did well and our instructor noticed her improvement (masks and social distancing).  There were a few "ahhs" to see Amber in a summer cut.  I believe the environment kicked in with Amber vs practicing around the house.  This tells me time and place means business to my dog.  I left feeling a little bit better.  She has been a frustrating little dog and she is training me.  I can see whey there's a program called "Pit Bulls and Parolees" for the mind.  Sunday I went to rally practice.  Learned  new signs.  #304, 314 and 319.

I think I need to just practice my movements like on youtube examples before trying it out with my dog.

Monday morning was are return class at the gym.  All the sanitizing and temperature check involved as well. 



This is just a clip of our return class.  Although Traci is wearing a microphone, it's feeding into the recording so that's why I like to be close in hearing range of our instructor.  Unfortunately the water fountain was blocked off.  I'll have to bring my own tomorrow.

Well more cancellations are coming in.   A reopening at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum opens on Wednesday and there was supposed to be a foundation members-only the day before that was canceled.  We were hoping to see the delayed seasonal exhibit on "spies and traitors".  I also got word that the postponed June reenactment from June to August was canceled.  I do have one thing to look forward to and that is starting Amber's beginner nosework class starting Monday nights on July 13 for 7 weeks. 


No comments:

Blog Archive