Monday, December 2, 2019

My week


I just realized that this year there is one less weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Tuesday evening I came back from trick dog class with 2 documents for novice and advance to mail off.  These certifications are through "Do More With Your Dog".

I watched Dolly Parton's 50 years.  I brought sentimental emotions.  I married a West Virginia hillbilly. His music influenced a city girl

Wednesday was a high wind day.  My car would say "there's a high wind warning in your vicinity".  I think I will name my car "First Lady".   I helped out at the Old State Capitol.  It wasn't very busy because of the weather but there were a few out-of-towners checking things out while visiting for Thanksgiving.   In between visitors, I would help punch holes for upcoming holiday children's crafts.  I was there from 11AM - 4PM.  This is how I'd describe the weather:




Thursday morning I went to Thanksgiving Mass.  I usually bring an item for our meal to be blessed (wine) and then a gift for the food pantry.  When I got back, Alan was already home.  He helped me paint some trim from the new windows.  Sean helped me put studs on my dog training bucket.  I like my bucket to look different from all the others in the class and paint really doesn't stick well to rubber.  Alan also helped put a screw into my rain gutter extension that keeps coming off.  Together we shared a turkey breast, with cauliflower mash, succotash, and all the trimmings.  We walked the dogs and then went to see a movie ~ "Midway" 

I attended 2 dances on Friday and Sunday.   Friday I did some painting on the window trim and participated in the Yule Walk in Peoria.  Our Central IL dance group alternated dance time and choir in the GAR Hall. 
 Marcia wore a St Nicholas broach that was very fitting for the Yule Walk.
 This is the German Choir that we alternated the show with.
 My selfie when I wasn't dancing,


Now the rain.
Saturday night there was a house with a chimney fire a block away.

 Boy there's not much to these fireplaces.  Wood and an inner metal core.
Sunday I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans at St Jude Church in Rochester.  
We had breakfast together at the Lighthouse restaurant and then I went to Metamora Courthouse for their Christmas celebration.  When we danced in the past, we were able to make more room by removing the railings.  That was not possible with visitors wandering around.  We had to make do with smaller space.  Well, they held dances like this in homes that had small rooms.
Here is Marcia and Bud by the tree.  They are our dancers to emulate. You can see here St Nicholas broach that I mentioned earlier. 
 Here is our group photo
 The refreshments at the bottom of the steps.  The sign says "Mr Lincoln, Lower your head!"  That doesn't apply to me.
 This bust of Lincoln made a perfect hat stand.
My selfie
A little Audience participation.
Since I changed from my church clothes to period attire in the office, I left with my cloak and had left my green jacket in Metamora.  😒
I got an order coming from Three Sisters Millinery on sale for $59.
 Monday morning I woke to some snow on the ground.  I took Sophie on  a visit and when I returned, there was a box from Chewy waiting for me.



No comments:

Blog Archive