Sunday, December 29, 2019

My Christmas Week


Thank you President Grant for declaring Christmas as a national holiday.
Monday exercise photo.  I wore my holiday leggings.

Tuesday, Sophie went to the groomer and was super cute with her red feather.  It was a warmer than usual Christmas eve at 62 degrees so I had to have her cuteness captured.



Dinner with my sons was great. I picked up prime rib at Humphry's market and some horseradish sauce.
 I decided to bake some cookies from a package just because!

My sons and I went to "Midnight Mass" which was technically held at 10PM.  I was the second reader at Mass.  Note that the whole reading (see link below) is one long paragraph with a period at the end.
http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122619.cfm
We get there early like 9:30 for the fabulous pre-show music and string quartet.   Our sermon was a break down of "O come let us adore Him".  We sang it in Latin and then English.  Fr John was on our recent trip to Portugal so when he mentioned that origin was connected to King John IV of Portugal "The Musician King" (reigned 1640–1656).  Because or our trip to Portugal in November, my ears popped up.

Obviously, I bought myself a gift and that was in my earlier blog and a Black Friday Special: the coat rack from Wayfair.

I also got wine. A gift card for Longhorn from my sister-in-law, a gift card to Walmart from my brother.  My hint for a good quality rake for the rocks in the garden worked and Sean gifted me one.  He didn't wrap it.
Some really awesome pajamas.
cutting boards
kitchen knives
neck scarf
lotto ticket that was a zero
A circular saw
candle
outlet light and charging station
Book about dog tricks (I almost got a book from Chewy but missed since supplies were limited)

After presents, lunch, afternoon walk in 63 degrees on Christmas Day, we went to the movie: The Rise of Skywalker.  The movie time was 3:30 but the actual movies started at 4PM after a half hour of trailer movies.  Boy I'm so glad that the emperor is no more.  That movie sometimes went to fast for me.  Your really need to pay attention to the genealogy relations.

The temperature reached 63 degrees at Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport just before 1 p.m. The previous record high on Christmas Day was 62, set in 1982.  Word on the street from those who remember 1982 was that it rained.  This Christmas day record was nice and sunny.

I hung laundry out to dry the day after Christmas.

Thursday I took Sophie on a visit.  It was so moving to see one lady whose daughter gave her a framed photo of Sophie to look at between visits.

Friday and Sunday,  I took Amber to the nursing home to perform her tricks.

Alan mentioned possibly starting a new activity outside of his home.  He has already started with some minor home remodeling which I applaud but I think he wants to do something outside the house.  He kinda hinted at yoga.  I fully support that.  Besides, he might meet some girls.

Saturday afternoon I went to see "Little Women" but was a bit disappointed because the story was hard to follow.
Sunday afternoon I went to the club to watch the AKC trick dogs get their titles.  I wanted to see how they compare to the other certification that Amber has through "Do More With Your Dog" certification.

No comments:

Blog Archive