Monday, December 10, 2018

My Week


Tuesday I went to a PGR mission at Camp Butler .  Afterward we had lunch at the Star 66 cafe.  Lunch was covered.  I needed to have Sean sign a document for SAR so I stopped by his office for a signature.  It happened to be the office Christmas party.  Sean and Deanna were the entertainment.  She sang "Wish you a Merry Christmas".  Afterward she mentioned that she never had figgy pudding.  I got some on order for her.   Then I drove Donna, my neighbor, to her MRI appointment.  She doesn't like to drive in the dark.  Then I went to the Capital Canine Training Club for meeting and Christmas pot luck.
Amber tore up my fushia bath robe. I got an idea that since Sophie demands a toy on a walk and most are nothing but a piece of fabric now, that I can cut up the robe and make knotted toys out of the fleece.

Wednesday I did some senior thrift shopping and had lunch with Michael.  In the evening I went to the Old State Capitol for the holiday walk.
The Ukitopians played Christmas songs.






Thursday our yoga instructor wanted to try out a "camel" pose in our Masters group and the different levels of achievement.  That's me on the end.  It must have been purple day because my pants are purple too but it doesn't show up much in this photo.
Our area got about an inch of snow that morning.   I went to the library to print some things and had to take one of the print jobs to Sean at work for a signature.  It happened to be during the office Christmas party.  Then I brought Sophie to the nursing home.  I put her Christmas dress on since I saw another dog with the same dress in the TDI newsletter

 Friday morning I took Sophie for her annual visit to the veterinarian and she also needed some documentation sent to TDI.   When it was time to get weighed, the office cat named Jack got on the scales.  He weighed 16 lbs and Sophie was 12.6 lbs.  After that I went to the Pearl Harbor Remembrance ceremony.

It was cold but it was not windy like the previous year.
In the evening I helped with the candlelight tours at the Elijah Iles House.



The selfie on the timer is not that great.

Saturday I went to Mass for the Immaculate Conception. I sold the two blue upolstered chairs in the back room that I never use.  That made room to put the Christmas tree up.

 In the evening I went to Christmas at the Front.



 Notice the Princess Mary box on the right of this photo.  This was a new


 I dressed as a WW1 nurse.  The wreaths on the entrance to the museum were a nice touch.

Sunday I went on a trip through church
Our Lady of the Snows Pilgrimage

Lady of the Snows Shrine. Includes:
  • Tour of the New Cathedral in St. Louis
  • Windshield tour of Forest Park
  • Buffet Dinner at the Shrine Restaurant
  • The Way of Lights
Our bus left at noon and we went to see the St Louis Basilica and Forest Park. We had a buffet dinner before our bus drove through the Way of Lights.  Cute sculpture about the suffering of humanity outside the reception center.
  
  This is the sign in the lobby directing our group to the room.  WOL means Way of Lights for the St Joseph the Worker tour.  The monitor would do a slide show because there were many groups.

Of course they had a nice gift shop.  I liked this story because it says in the shelter "Sleep in Heavenly Peace" and so they are. Even the donkey is sleeping.
 This was a nice Nativity with Joseph holding Jesus and Mary looking on.  It is not small.  I think about a foot and a half or two.  It was $130.
There were some lovely Christmas displays of trees, wreaths and Lego Nativities.  I had to stand next to these exhibits to show you how big they are.  I know, for those that know me personally, objects compared to my height may appear even bigger.

 Lego Nativity.

 Hall of International trees.


 There were 2 lanes going through The Way of Lights.  Of course the cars tried to scoot around a big bus.  I'm glad I was in the bus because I could see over the cars.  

Advent candles at church are in logs instead of a wreath.  Three in the middle and one at the lectern.

“The most enduring traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin” -Clark Griswold ❤️🌲


No comments:

Blog Archive