Monday, September 3, 2018

My Week

Ohhhh Amber!  Monday was the end of Beginner Obedience class.

We got poo bags and biscuits (human and dog kind).  A classmate showed us a picture of her rambunctious dog, Athena, laying still in front of a bunch of biscuits that spelled her name out.  She said there were many tries to get that picture.  Here is Amber with the "leave it" command.  Of course it's her name in biscuits.



I picked up an old wood/canvas camp cot at the Goodwill for $9.  It may be suitable for a power nap at one of those long reenactments.
  Friday she pooed in the house while I was getting dressed for a walk.  I'm at the end of my rope with her pooing in the house.  It's not the pee problem.  I've tried everything.  I want to kill her!!!  The frustration brought tears.  She did better the rest of the day with 2 poos in the yard but started so wrong.  I've got her tied to me with the Halti leash.


Amber has been in the yard a lot since.  I had her on the back porch and she brought a toy cicada inside and ended it's life.


Faith was shaken with Cardinal McCarrick scandal.
This audio helps with struggling Catholics faith.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-art-of-catholic-with-matthew-leonard/id1017177745?mt=2&i=1000418775325

 Well this Tuesday was the final for the season of the Flag Lowering Ceremony with the 114th Illinois Regiment.  I was impressed that so many of our Soldiers Aid Society members showed up in their period dress which they sometimes avoid in high heat.  Some will show up in modern clothes and take names for the drawing like that.  Much impressed.

Saturday I helped out at New Salem for their Bicentennial event. According to the advertisement:  "We will celebrate the Bicentennial of Illinois here at the site with an "open house." All of the buildings on the hill will be open for the public to enter from 1-5pm both days. From 2-4pm both days there will be readings of works by Vachel Lindsay, Carl Sandburg and Edgar Lee Masters. Also from 2-4pm each day the Top Hat Tellers will present in the Herndon Residence in the village."   I was stationed at the Johnson house.  I met a young boy of about 8-10 years old that asked me about the house's air conditioning.  Many schools have been closed early for lack of air conditioning so that may have prompted the question.  Either that or his question may have been set up by his parents.
Here's the inside. 

I'm told my dress is a little later period (1835+) because the sleeve puffs are lower.  New Salem era would be high Gigot sleeves.
I got to hold a rooster named Foghorn Leghorn.  This lady was reading to me about the New Madrid earthquake of 1811–12 .  She was sitting in front of the covered wagon.


I got a hug from a little girl that was entering the park as I was leaving.  I asked her to hug harder and she did.  I was like a Disney Princess to her.   It made me feel good too.

Sunday I took Amber to socialize in public at New Salem. I noticed a path which led to an old well.


My sister's death was mentioned on page 2 or our church bulletin.
https://container.parishesonline.com/bulletins/01/0164/20180902B.pdf
Her memorial service will be Oct 6 in California.

My son had a flat tire that can't be repaired during the Labor Day holiday.  He was in the Labor Day Parade


My sister has been frustrated with rain and flooding in LaFarge.  God Bless.

No comments:

Blog Archive