Monday, April 30, 2018

My Week

I have a membership at Powerworks with the senior exercise group.  They refer to our group as "the Masters".  Our Wednesday exercise group had a group photo. I'm on the ball with weights.
She caught me doing some walking lunges.


Thursday was my "spineaversary" I wore my body grabbing shirt and tiara and ate the chocolate spine I've been saving .  I went to Powerworks like this and had my picture taken with the spine in the next door chiropractor's office.


Friday I helped out at the Lincoln Tomb. We had a big crowd.  It's also Scout Jamboree weekend. Most of the time I was there with "Lefty" another volunteer but he left at 3:30 and I was sole interpreter on the site for awhile. In the burial chamber, a young boy asked, as he looked at Lincoln’s tomb, “Was he Christian?” I said yes.  The young boy  made a sign of the cross.  I guess I'm a good interpreter when I hit the heart.

In the evening I helped with the Edwards Place grand opening special event for the remodeling of the upper floor bedrooms.  It was called the Bedroom Bash.  I played Alice Edwards Ferguson. It was a great success considering the short planning.  I was   more exhausted from the tomb than the Bedroom Bash.  I wore my wrapper but felt more relaxed with the steady flow of visitors than the constant and overlapping tour buses.


I called my older sister and she tells she is in a lot of pain.  She is receiving palliative care.   I can only compare my feelings to a year ago when I  had spondy pain.  Although mine was agony, spondy is not as life threatening as she is going through.  She may have gal bladder cancer but we are still awaiting a verdict from the CT and blood test.  Continued prayers.

My next door neighbor is moving. Jessica had a for sale by owner sign on her lawn about a month ago and it was only up for a day.  I think she had someone look at it and then the sign was down.  I thought something was odd.  So I asked where she was moving and she said Hunting Meadows near the marina and that she signed something she shouldn't have.  Oh Oh!  The following day I met my new neighbors that are moving in, Zack, Regan, and about to give birth to Emily Rose.  They had a whole caravan of family and friends helping get the house ready in time for the little one to arrive.

I noticed a baptism in our parish bulletin and the fact that Barnabas was mentioned in the first reading and started to wonder about modern names.  Why no one ever names a child after my father, Barnaby, anymore.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnabas

Sunday was the feast of St Joseph, namesake or our parish.
http://lourdesprayerrequest.com/prayer_to_st_joseph

I asked my son if he could start my Toro.  He couldn't.  We dumped the old gas out and I picked up some fresh gas.  Still nothing.  So I used my corded electric mower to do the back yard because it grows faster than the front which is shadier.  I used my grabber to throw the cord out of the way.  You'll recall from my previous week that I had it started for a little while just to do the side of the driveway.  Before that I took it to Kunz Mower service in the fall leaf period when it wouldn't start.  I needed to get the leaves up by a certain time so the village will pick up the bags so I bought an electric.  Haven't used the Toro since servicing and now this.   I'm ready to leave that thing with the trash on Friday.

I got my tomato plants in and planted some seeds that were old in the hopes they will still germinated.  I also planted cantaloupe.

No comments:

Blog Archive