Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My week

That's me on the cover of the Springfield Visitor's Guide.  Well it was taken years ago and if you look close you'll see it was altered because of the rain.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/springfieldcvb/vg_2018/

My summer swim bag was on the shelf in the sun room had a nest in it.


I know that the weather has been improving and up till now, I've had to pick up branches.  I'm still picking up twigs from the lawn despite recent policing of the yard and little wind.  I suspected that the squirrel nest that fell with a thud last month may be under reconstruction.  I looked up and it wasn't the squirrel but there was my neighbor's hawk just breaking off a twig and flying to its nest.  I'm pretty sure they are cooper's hawks.

While giving tours on Friday, I met Jean whom I know from state AMVETS conventions, came from Rockford with a school group. She was chaperone on a bus trip to the tomb today. Then their bus broke down and they stalled to get a new bus. 

Saturday I went to a volunteer workshop at Lincoln's New Salem and then I went to a meeting for our Soldiers Aid Society.   We are planning a parade like the Wide Awakes in Lincoln's days for the Illinois Humanities youth to recreate.

Sean came early on Sunday so he could go to a music practice.  That was fine with me because I went to an afternoon "celebration of life" for a VFW member.   I do like the time we watch TV while his laundry is running.

I've been modifying an outfit that will give me a 1910 look.  Much history can be learned from this era including WW1 which will the the centennial of our VFW namesake ~ Lafore Lock ~ who was KIA from Springfield.  Either I'll wear this or a WW1 nurse.
I found a good sum of money in a purse I haven't used in a long time because its closure isn't good.  Now I better put that purse back where I found it.

I made a welfare visit to one of our members of Silver Sneakers who we haven't seen in awhile because he had a stroke.  The group was asking about him.  His wife came to exercise occasionally too.   He belongs to a ROMEO club  "retired old men eating out".   

Tuesday was "Pig in a Blanket" day at the nursing home.  Wasn't sure what that meant but then I heard the pig squeal.  It was a 6 month old female pig named Charlie. 
  

No comments:

Blog Archive