Thursday, April 19, 2018

My Week

I'll be portraying Alice (Edwards) Ferguson at the remodeled Edwards Place upper floors on April 27. I got my cliff notes.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/40307744/alice-ferguson

Applied for upcoming Medicare.  After messing up online I had a real person call me. 

I missed an appreciation dinner at church last Sunday because I had Alan and Sean over after my little trip.  Alan brought my dog back.  However, I got a little thank you gift the following Saturday at our Starry Night banquet that the youth held for the seniors.  I got a book and a parish name tag.  There was a slight misspelling with an e that I changed to o.

Tuesday I had a try on of a custom dress that I wanted copied from and extant dress.
It took forever to find the right fabric.  I really preferred silk but thanks to Janet, she had this light wool with green in it.  I'll be doing the collar and undersleeves but Rachel is doing the sewing.

Wednesday I had a very special "visit" with Sophie at St John's Hospital.

Saturday I went to volunteer orientation at Lincoln's New Salem Historic Site.


 I like how this stump semi-hiding the water spout


Sunday I went to the Lincoln Tomb for the Death Day Wreath laying ceremony.  I brought our AMVETS wreath.


Last fall was dry. I didn't have to cut my grass Aug-Oct. Then Fall came and I wanted to mulch leaves and the electric start Gas Toro wouldn't start. I took it to Kunz for maintenance. They said it would take 10 days. Meanwhile, I'm approaching leaf pick up deadline. I found a corded electric with a bagger for $50 and did the immediate job. Well now it's spring and the Toro that I had maintenance on in the fall will not start ~ again. So I did the back yard with the corded electric constantly tossing the cord back and forth. At least it starts when I want. Problem is that it's so narrow. I've tried a battery powered mower from Sears in the past and it had the same problem. When that one went for maintenance and they gave me a quote, I abandoned that sucker. The irony is that I love mowing my yard.  Thanks to Facebook, I was advised to see if there was a chock on the left side by a friend owning the same Toro.  I wasn't sure how to work that lever but after a few moments, it started.  Glad I got the thick grass cut on the one fair day because the cold has returned.

I went to the Sangamon County Historical Society meeting at the library.  I got to hear a nice presentation by Guy Fraker on the the Lincoln Circuit.

RIP Barbra Bush.
Prayers for my sister Kathy who is in pain and my sister Patty with a Squamous cell carcinom. ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive