Monday, February 26, 2018

My Week

I've updated my Christmas display to Lent display.  
My Lent display. In order of the story: Palm Sunday, Last Supper, Picture of Scourged Savior from Wieskirche, Pieta, a cross necklace hangs on the wall that has relics of the road from Via Dolorosa, Jerusalem and Resurrection statue (same statue over our alter at St. Joseph the Worker, Chatham, Illinois.) http://wieskirche.de/pilgrimage.en.html

Monday I wanted a quick snack before taking Sophie to Regency Care.  Well that turned out to be a disaster.  I burned my lunch. Got the whole house fan running, changed the filter, rolled up throw rugs, mopped everywhere with Pine cleaner, washing all linens, and now off to get a filter for the stove hood fan. I used my Orek air purifier on full power.
I used Febrez air freshener, burned candles, and  made a fresh pot of coffee to cover it up.

Thursday I went to a training session for tours at the upcoming newly remodeled executive mansion.   It was dull and covered stuff I already knew like Maslow's Hierarchy of needs and how to greet people.

I stopped by Aldi because I wanted to try the chicken stuffed with asparagus that I saw in the ad.  I also got some beer batter frozen jalapenos.  HOT!  I kept eating one to cool off the last one.


Saturday I went to a reenactor yard sale at the Illinois History Museum. 

I've always had trouble threading a needle.  Even these little wire threaders break on me.  Finally something new, the hummingbird threader.

Friday I had an appointment with my Widex hearing aids and then on the way back I had my tires rotated.
Saturday morning I loaded up my car with reenactment costumes that I wanted to get rid of at the reenactor swap meet at the Illinois Military Museum.
 As you can see, it's mostly WW2 reenactors and male items. The guy with the colonial shoes wouldn't budge on the price.


Richard and I were talking to each other and it was on the news:
http://foxillinois.com/news/local/annual-swap-meet-brings-dozens-of-re-enactors-to-exchange-gear-02-25-2018

I did lighten my load of some size 8 women's boots, hoop and bonnets.  I came home and won an eBay auction for a bonnet that will go well with the dress that's in the works.
Sunday I was saddened to learn that Fr George, a retired priest who was a member of our parish and silver sneakers group and passed away in hospice.  He left our exercise group a year ago because of his condition.
I did some more work on my up coming  presentations on "Victorian Mourning" and "Widows and Orphans" for May 26.  I watched the season finale of Victoria.  I liked the way it ended with a happy Christmas rather than her mourning the loss of Albert.  Besides, that would make for a boring story about a queen in seclusion. 

The weather should be nice this week. I suspect I'll have one more opportunity to light my fireplace this year and then I'll find a chimney sweep.  I've never had it cleaned except with those creosote logs.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive