Monday, February 19, 2018

My Week

Monday was busy.  I did go exercise but then I went to the Lincoln Tomb for the American Legion Pilgrimage  on Lincoln's Birthday.  Cold day and a bit icy but I saw deer prints in the ice on the sidewalk at the Lincoln Tomb.

Afterward I went to the Old State Capitol for the Lincoln Birthday Ball.  Here I am in my ball gown dress.

Here you can see me dancing a 12 Square Reel.  This is good when there's more women then men. It's pretty easy to learn.  The hardest part is "hey" mash around like a figure 8.

Tuesday we had a double class at Powerworks:  core and cycling.  The cycling is new and it really works up a sweat like the zumba.  I just found that the seat rubs my groin bones.

Lunch was with our Womens Overseas Service League.  Our president accepted a check from the Springfield Jaycees from money they raised from their beerfest on veterans day.



In the evening I went to the Dank club's Fasching party.  I won best original costume.  I won a bottle of wine. Here's the King and Queen with their decorative plunger. 
I haven't found the winning photo they took.  Then we played a game where us English only had to pronounce some German words off a card.  I had milk, exit and screwdriver.  That screwdriver work was longer than some of our sentences.  Needless to say, I lost that game.


Wednesday I had our senior strength followed by zumba.  Powerworks is getting too loud for me even if I take my hearing aids out.  I tried our new cycle class and the music was loud.  Even our senior zumba seems louder than before.  I take my aids out and it's loud.  Carol lost one of her aids because she took hers out and never found one of them.  I've been taking mine out and have to put them on the floor by the wall.  When nobody is looking, I turn the master volume down.  I think I'll just do yoga.  In the evening I went to our AMVETS meeting.  Small meeting at that.

Thursday morning I had an appointment with a different hearing aid company ~Widex.   I walked out with a new pair of hearing aids. These aids can be adjusted from my iPhone App.  He called me and I didn't need speaker phone. I talk at my phone but receive direct to aids so let's say I'm in a public place, others can't hear  the conversation like before.  They even have a locator like a gps if I misplace them.  In the evening I went to our Civil War Roundtable.  We had a moment of silence for the school massacre in Florida. The presentation was about the trip to Tupolo MS last year that I missed due to Spondy.

Friday started off on a wrong note.  I couldn't really get into the exercise class.  I felt in a bubble because the new hearing aid on the left side would not blue tooth.  Afterward I went to the funeral of our past VFW Commander, Don Taylor, who suffered from brain tumors.  Then I got the hearing aid problem fixed.    In the evening I helped with our American Legion Fish Fry for lent.  When the line got busy, I grabbed some tickets and took orders while people were waiting in line so that all they had to do was pay with ticket in hand.  The kitchen staff hated it because the number on were out of sequence and they wanted to prioritize on that number.  Well it was better customer service and working at the cashier end but not for the servers so I was told to stop.

I found my photo on a tourism promotion for Hilton site.
I fell in love with an original dress so I found a seamstress who can make it happen. 

It's to be made in blue silk with black dots to my size.
Saturday I went our Soldiers Aid Society meeting.  We continued our ribbon workshop and had lunch at Cafe Moxo. 

At 1PM we had our meeting.  Looks like an interesting event coming to us the beginning of August with the 4H group.  We'll be creating outfits and have a rally recreation of the "Wide Awakes".

In the evening I went to the AMVETS SEC banquet at the Crown Plaza with my son.  He was reluctant to go but I paid $70 for both meals. He canceled his guitar practice. Then, yes there's more, I went to the VFW post for the "Cabin Fever" dance supporting "buddy poppy".   I only stayed an hour but I was impressed with the crowd.

Sunday I was the first reader at Mass. 
http://ccc.usccb.org/cccradio/NABPodcasts/18_02_18.mp3
It's the first Sunday of Lent.  Are we focusing on the fasting in the desert or Grace and gladness?

I watched St Francis on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/rG5jVcYA1aM

Well we are looking forward to a rainy week.  It's much needed since Lake Springfield is really low.   Lake Springfield is about 4 1/2 feet below its full-pool level
 

No comments:

Blog Archive