Monday, February 5, 2018

My Week

I'm seeing more and more "GoFundMe" charities for funeral expenses.  Don't people buy burial policies?  Think about it. Life insurance is the only insurance guaranteed to eventually pay out.  My father took out burial policies on his children even in tough times.  He was raised with "depression era" ethics.  I got life insurance for my children.  Shrug!

Tuesday I went to the funeral for George Pempek.  The veterans did a walk through and then we stayed for the funeral Mass.  In the afternoon I took Sophie to Reflections after missing for a week.

Wednesday I went to Pempek's internment at Camp Butler followed by lunch with Michael.   In the evening I went to the Interveterans Council Meeting and was finagled into being a trustee as well as their webmaster.  Here we are being sworn in.  Not all posts are represented at the Nov and Jan meeting so whoever shows up is elected I guess.  I should learn.  I'm now a trustee.



Fasching: Still not satisfied with the mask: the looks or the fit. I needed a mask that would fit over my glasses so that means I needed a custom Papier-mâché job.   I'm going for this look: http://www.destination360.com/europe/germany/fasching
The rest I either had or got at a thrift store.  So the mask was the hardest.  Final dress will have gloves and a basket.

I had shrimp dinner at the VFW and watched the "Glass Virgin" by Catherine Cookson on YouTube.

Saturday I went dancing at the Peoria Riverfront museum.  It was family day so there were people to watch us.  I didn't take pictures of us dancers except a little of this bonnet envy of Kay's bonnet she got for $65 in Gettysburg.  If you think that's expensive, look around at prices.   Some are really really incorrect and they are cheap.  A good bonnet is over $100.



Sunday I went to church and a family was sitting in my pew.  There are no special reserved seats I know but we are creatures of habit. I stood there staring at all the open places. A lady invited me to sit with her.  Whew! It was the feast of St Blaise so I had my throat blessed.  Sean came for his Sunday laundry and it was taking longer than usual.  I checked the inside vent and it seemed fine then I went to the outside vent and it was not fine.  It was padded and damp.



No comments:

Blog Archive