Monday, November 6, 2017

My Week


Last Tuesday was Halloween.


I took Sophie to Reflections Care where the residents sat in a semi circle waiting for trick or treaters.  Nothing lights up their eyes more than children and animals.  I brought Sophie in her costume but I think I hurt her putting it on because she limped for awhile afterward.  (this photo was downloaded and obviously I didn't take this picture nor violate HIPA)
I wouldn't want her to wear this too often because there's not much petting area.

Wednesday I went to senior day at the goodwill and got a table lamp with a magazine rack on the bottom.  Boy did I need an alternative to my window shelf for my wine and coffee.  You wouldn't believe how many glasses and cups fell off the window sill.

Thursday I went to the Oral History Project ceremony. The choir sang the military services songs. I stood for the Air Force song (blue jacket on left) https://www.facebook.com/amy.k.dickenson/videos/10155112154208806/

The weekend of Nov 4th through 5th was a sisters weekend in the Quad Cities.  On the way up there, I stopped to see the birthplace of Carl Sandburg.

Sisters need a (royal) lineage tiara when together.  I think we look great.

We stayed in a little room in the Marriott Courtyard.
Friday evening we got some shopping in.  We ate at J's pub.  Shopped at Gordmans.
Our first stop on this gloomy day was to the Cordova Township Recreation Area artisan market.  This gentleman made guitars from boxes.

I got a wool and beaded necklace there.  It was fun chatting with all the vendors.  On the way back we stopped along the river edge at Port Byron which has this tall monument with bicycle
Then we stopped by the Chocolate Manor and they had these cute little chocolate spines. I'm saving the white one for my spinaversary.
 Then we got coffee at OMG Cakes.  It's a cute little place.  Patty had a scone and I had a bon bon.
Then we went to a 2:30 presentation at the German-American museum on the history of the harmonica and blues. Very interesting presentation. He worried that there wouldn't be more than ten in attendance for the distance he had traveled. Thanks for the duet.

Here are some photos taken inside the museum:



 See my sister looking around in her tiara.
 View from the window in the German American Museum.  It was foggy and overcast if you can see the Ferris wheel in the left.

There was a special, seasonal exhibit on Harry Houdini.


In the evening after the German-American Museum closed and chased us out with a flash of the lighting, we went to dinner at a Greek Orthodox Church.

Sunday morning we had a brief walk before it started to rain.  We saw a couple of black squirels. Then we had breakfast and departed ways.   I stopped at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church for 10:30 Mass.  This was also a morning for changing our clocks back one hour.  I met my son in Peoria.  His dog has a new trick with bubbles.

 We went to a cute little shack at Kuchie's on the Water by the river for lunch.  The road was rough and questionable that it was the right direction but there it was. Has a flamingo Santa Sleigh on the roof and a wire mermaid.  I'd go back there but would have to watch the weather and road conditions.
Alan went the the Marine Birthday Ball the night before.  He looked sharp and I'm proud.
One of my neighbors lost her boxer, Jackson, about a week ago.  She was out of town when I learned he was put down.  Now I got to sit with her and my dogs for comfort.  She asked me to go with her to her eye appointment later.




No comments:

Blog Archive