Sunday, June 18, 2017

My Week

Warm weather brings out the firefly's. 
Tuesday I went to a meeting with the St John's Hospital Samaritans at 9:30. Then I went to a Womens Overseas Service League meeting (WOSL) at 12:30.   In the evening I went to the Sangamon County  Historical Society dinner/meeting at 5:30 at the Clayville historic site.  They served caramel vodka on ice stuffed with lots of peppermint stalks.  I tried this with my morning lemon and honey.  The dinner was to appoint a board of directors.

I finished a ribbon head piece for reenacting copied off another that I bought.  Now to have the "wear it" test.

Maybe I shouldn't tell my friends that I get help with the housework. I just say this because they think I'm cured because I get around but I still have bending and strength issues. So I tell them so that they understand. Then I get a solicitation for help too.  I let my cleaning lady know because she has connections.

Wednesday I didn't feel that well...a lite spondy pain.  I had lunch with Michael at County Market.  Since it was Flag Day, I couldn't help but notice the beer display that looked like a flag.
   I stopped by a few thrift stores for senior day but left empty and that's kinda good too.  In the evening I went to our AMVETS meeting.   We needed the rain because there were cracks in the ground.  We have dinner but I ordered a breakfast crepe. 
A rain storm came during our meeting and John's (our WW2 veteran) car window was partially down. I need to wash my car but I'm glad I put it off.

Thursday I went to an ABATE meeting.  They seemed glad to see me after a long absence.  This could be a problem because my 5 year membership expires in July.

Friday afternoon I had my 7 week check up and all restrictions lifted. But I explained I can't pick things up off the floor. So the PA dropped a pen for me to get and I couldn't get it. So I'll be having some physical therapy soon.  I'm free to go on a trip.  Hope I can get down to get things without using my toes or a grabber.  Don't get a grabber at Harbor Freight.  Cheap:

My house had a Friday cleaning too.  Mary Ann borrowed my cowboy hat for a themed party with her friends.  I couldn't find my cowboy boots though.  I think I got rid of them.

Saturday I went to Bright Star Equestrian barn to take a quick tour.  These horses are used to help children and veterans with PTSD.   I've always liked horses because of he romance of the old days.

I got a check for $50 in the mail for winning a CWV raffle.
Then I went to Saturday evening Mass for seniors with anointing of the sick, dinner by students called "Starry Nights".  Followed by a match game led by the children.

I started working on my lineage chart for potential membership with Daughters of the Revolution (DAR) through my mother's Sturdivant line.  It's a crooked ladder.  I've been linking all of the ancestors to their source.
https://sites.google.com/site/deansturdivant/
There is a problem with wife of James Sturdivant that I descended from.   Something about Fannie Callis vs Nancy Brintle.  Apparently Fannie is the correct wife and she's the one that produced DAR heirs.  Well when the book on this family research comes in the mail, maybe that will help.

No comments:

Blog Archive