Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Week

Got up Monday morning and had a feeling something was wrong when I was in the bathroom. My hair dryer was on all night in a drawer and I couldn't hear it without my hearing aids. I would never dry my hair with hearing aids on and usually go to bed after that. The top of the sink was hot and many cosmetics and hair brushes melted. 

Monday evening I went to an American Legion meeting.
We haven't had a budget in the State of Illinois for over a year and a half, but the idiots in Springfield can pass a law that allows people to spear catfish with a pitchfork! A new law that took effect today.

Tuesday I needed a few things and found a sale on tennis shoes just at a time when mine were squeaking that pre-sole-depparture.

Wednesday I visited the chiropractor after exercise.  He pushed on my hips and then set me in a chair with some stimulating electrodes.  I had lunch at County Market. Then I returned the spread to Sean and let his dog out.  I was a little late winterizing the lawn but I thought I had more time and that the construction would be done.
I got a velvet coat there for reenacting on Wed night. 1/2 off so 2.50. I had an egg and cheese croisant there on Wed after exercise with another "Rosemary" from our Sr Exercise group. She and I are short. She has 2 little dogs: Sammy and Sophie.

My Comcast bill went from $97 to 103.  I guess they warned me because I pulled my last bill out of the files.  I have high speed internet and basic cable without frills.  I called and they gave me a few more channels and took some away that I don't use.  I can also save $5 if I pay online.  I never did this because I don't trust Comcast.

Thursday I went to my senior Yoga class but there was no instructor.  This was one of those back-to-back senior class days so I stayed for the senior TRX.  After that was Yoga 101 and I stayed for that.  

A couple from my church that were at my presentation at the senior pot luck in Sep, had to have his wife live at Reflections. I promised him my allegiance to HIPA protection. We had a nice visit today.  I was excited to see that Reflections was featured in a local magazine called "Healthy Cells" that is free where you can pick up at stores in those little racks.  The online version is here:
http://www.healthycellsmagazine.com/articles/reflections-where-compassion-meets-care
That's the activity director on the front cover that signs my sheet for my Therapy Dog Int visits.

Saturday I went to St Louis for the 1767 Ball.


Here's how I dressed.  There's a little static on my tassel because it was soooo cold.  I did find a velvet cape on Wednesday at the Goodwill for $2.66 as a nice coverup.

 The stairway in the Old Courthouse

 The paintings on the ceiling of the dome were really the focus but to prove I was there. 
On the dance floor

On at least two occasions, I caught myself interpreting to those that stumbled by the Old Courthouse and wanted to know what was happening.  I explained briefly what the occasion was and handed them the program.

The winner that got the bean (this photo was from another event later in the evening at Prairie De Rocher)
(More photos 12th Afternoon Ball 2017)

There's a related video about the founding of St Louis:
http://www.pbs.org/video/2365177578/

Sunday I went to my parish Mass at 8AM.  We were requested to wear our Christmas sweater and afterward there was coffee and donuts and a vote for the Christmas Sweater.  My sweater that I bought on sale after Christmas won $25.  I paid $6 for the sweater but the lights on the sweater didn't work and according to REX Battery it needed soldering as well as new batteries.


Afterward I went to the Cathedral for the Catholic War Veterans memorial Mass.  There were only 3 of us and one family member in our reserved pew.  Joan said that the service seemed even more Christmas-like than the Christmas service was.  It focused on the Maggi and although we know there were three gifts, it doesn't mention the number of Kings presenting them except that they came from the East.  

Cold mornings and I have to wear an ice pack on my lumbar region when I get up.



No comments:

Blog Archive