Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Week

Our local County Market likes to stack the soda cases in an artistic style.  They've done this before but this is the latest.

The weather is turning.  Little Miss Sophie is spoiled with 3 walks a day and I won't want to walk in the cold mornings. 

Tuesday, Patrick Lam took a photo on his cell phone of Sophie and Edith.  I gave him our TDI photo release for his daughter to sign. 
Then Thursday I met his daughter who was there with her little dog.  She asked me if I knew Rose Hutches!!!!!  Of course I do.  She was the tester for TDI.
See photo below that is Non-compromising of HIPPA rules.

Wednesday I got a call back from the Regency nursing home about bringing in Sophie for regular visits.  I was informed that I would need a background check as a volunteer so I did the paperwork and got my fingerprints done.
Tuesday evening I went to Honor Flight's homecoming. Les Morgan was impressed with my flag socks took this with the following comment:  "She does anything to get people to salute her. 🇺🇸🇺🇸"

Thursday evening we had our dress rehearsal for the Murder Mystery Dinner at Edwards Place.  I learned the difference between acting and reenacting.  I mean, it was fun and all but I'm used to trying to portray history not myth.  I did well with our test audience.  I was afraid of yielding questions with my hearing loss.  I stood, and moved close to hear the question.  I was only asked 2 questions.

I shipped a box to my soldier and when she gave me the total, I knew it was wrong.  She replied it wasn't a flat rate box but it was.  She had to get help and make an adjustment.  She was new.   Why would I want to spend $18 in shipping for a small flat rate box of cookies?  In the end it was back to $12.  As I got back to my car, I saw a man who pulled up with two little dogs on a platform seat.  I thought they looked like Pekingese but he said they were Japanese Chin.  I never heard of that breed so I did a search and the breeds do resemble each other.  The Chin seems to be more of a paint spotted marking and a little bit stockier than the Pekineses.  He had one that was brown and white and the other was black and white.  So cute.

Thursday we had our dress rehearsal for the Murder Mystery Dinner at Edwards Place with a test audience.  Friday and Saturday evening was the real deal and we were historical characters that were associated withe the house.  I played Elizabeth Todd Edwards, sister of Mary Lincoln and wife of Ninian Edwards. It was a big step going from a reenactor to an actor in my opinion because I've always tried to present history accurately and this was more for entertainment. Unless I think more along the lines of Rocky Horror.  I mean, it was fun and all but I'm used to trying to portray history not myth. I did well with our test audience. I was afraid of yielding questions with my hearing loss. I stood, and moved close to hear the question. I was only asked 2 questions.  I was least suspect.


Saturday I fixed Shepard's pie for Sunday.   I'm glad I made it in advance because I had a full day of napping.   In fact Saturday Night's performance involved more dramatic crocodile tears with the hankie catching my nasal drips. I didn't even go to church Sunday.  I took my Flonaise and Zinc tablets and anything else I could get my hands on.  Sore throat kept me from a good night's sleep but when it went away, I slept and slept ~ nearly 36 hours of broken rest.  Poor Sophie didn't get to go for a walk and I didn't leave the house even to go to church.  My son came over for laundry and football while I napped in the recliner.  Again he found a station that was speaking Spanish.  I can't hear it.  I feel like a wasted a day of my life.  Moral: don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.  I got a lot of things accomplished before this cold hit me, like mowing and painting part of the porch.

Monday I went to a funeral for Lana Benedict who had a slow agonizing death for the last 7 months. She had been very active in our community.  I skipped my exercise class on Monday since I'm still in recovery mode but I am slowly moving.  I went back to exercise on Tuesday.  Tuesday is also zumba gold day.  I feel I had sweated out some of the toxins left from my cold.  It was also Laila's last day as she starts a new job as activity director at the new nursing home opening in November.  I told her that I will be in contact.  I told her about Sophie and her TDI certification.  Odd that both nursing homes are called Reflections.  Maybe we will have to refer to the homes as Reflections 1 and 2.

Here's a few more photos from the Murder Mystery Dinner:
 Sworn in by the sheriff.
 I'm shocked at the scandalous relationships.
 explaining my sleeping draughts.
 Checking out the evidence from the victims room which had nothing to do with the crime.


The end.

No comments:

Blog Archive