Monday, October 13, 2014

My Week

This has been a moist week.  Mother Nature is trying to prepare our trees for winter. 

Wednesday I got my shopping in and had lunch with those state employees that were former co-workers.  I wanted to show my new hair cut to them.  I picked up a nice pair of jeans and a hoodie with the Milwaukee 105th anniversary on it.  It doesn't say Harley on it but does have the eagle.
In the evening I went to our AmVets Meeting at a new location at the lounge in the County Market.  It was nice and quiet there.  I learned that one of our life members had passed away.

Thursday I gave tours at the Old State Capitol.  That started off wrong.  As I entered the underground parking garage, there was a car stuck at the ticket gate and the gate wouldn't go up.  Well, there's no backing out of there because it's downhill and curved from the street.  I had him tucked in.  So I run to the other end where the exit is and get the attendant while wearing my period dress.  By the time I got back to my car, there were about 4 cars behind mine too.  We got in. 

In the evening I went to our Catholic War Veterans meeting.  On the way home about 9:40PM, the van in front of me hit a deer.  The deer got up and struggled off and the van pulled over up the road under as street light.  I had stuff all over the car when I hit my brakes.

Friday I dropped off a basket for Stephanie who also volunteers at the Old State Capitol.  I had an extra and the reticule was not working for her cell phone.  I went to Camp Butler to take a photo for a stone request on Find-a-grave.com.

Saturday I went to a Cemetery Walk in Carlinville.  It was cool but not cold.  Photos are on my public facebook album here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10204013026118728.1073741864.1615723034&type=1&l=3c0f4195be

I went to County Market to use my penny pincher coupons before they expire and they had a sale cart for wine and I got a Beaujolais wine for cheese and crackers. 
I also got some that goes with chicken or turkey which I'll have to save for thanksgiving.


 Sunday I attended Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  Before Mass, I requested permission to  read a message to the congregation about who we were.  Most of what I had was directly from the national website but the priest read through it carefully.  He even looked at my pins as if to find anything that could go wrong.  He offered a red stool behind the podium for me to use since many of those with hearing aids tend to also sit in the back of church.

Then I cooked lunch for my son and myself.  I realized that the pint of milk I bought the night before was expired.  I don't use much milk and when I get some it ALWAYS expires in my refrigerator.  So I get small bottles.  I took it back and got my $1.19 back and went to the Dollar General and got the same for $1.39 and it has lots of time on it.

I recovered a director's chair.  Here's the before picture.  Can't use the letters on the back of it.

Here's the new:


I also have this nice reproduction throw that will be good for Civil War. 
As I get my electric blanket out, I found a hoard of 7 pillows.  That does not include the pair on my bed and my guest bed. May be time to pick a favorite.

For years I've been wanting a tie for my husband's uniform which is in a display case missing just that one item.  Now I have one thanks to a fellow legionaire.

I close this weekly report with my dance practice in Metamora.  I stopped to spend a little time with my son to see how his painting is coming along and it doesn't look very far.  The practice went well and we had a few changes with the Jackson Reel and the part about the "hey".  In some ways it seems simpler because we don't have to worry about who initiates this figure eight routine but on the other hand we have to get out of the center before the opposites cross center.  I had some good waltzing lessons.  I gave our leader heads up on a birthday among our group.  Yep, Larry knew it was me who ratted him out. 



No comments:

Blog Archive