Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Week

Went to a nice presentation about Kenesaw Mountain during the Civil War at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum on Tuesday.  It was crowded and I had a rough time finding parking so I parked at my old reliable spot a block away where they once proposed the Korean Museum and is now vacant.

I just got the results from my bone density test on Wednesday. I'm still weak in my hip and lower area but it's improved 2.6 % from the last test.  I still need weight bearing exercise and calcium and my fosonex (sp) which just came in the mail Tuesday after not taking it for a month.  I took it Wednesday morning and will try to gradually get the weekly pill back on a Sunday morning schedule which I prefer.  I prefer this because the pill is weekly and on an empty stomach with just water for at least an hour.

Wednesday I went to my usual Goodwill discount day. Then I gave tours at the Iles house with another lady (I believe her name was Carol) who was also inexperienced. I met a man who knew some oral history about Iles and started to document his story on my laptop.  His name is William M Norris Sr USAF Vet fireman ‘58-63.  


Friday I went to Wisconsin.  This was twofold:  to visit my sister whom I hadn't seen in a long time and participate in the Civil War Reenactment know as "Muskets and Memories" in Boscobel, WI.  I stayed with my sister which was about a 40 minute drive.  I had brought 2 left boots for my period dress so my sister lent me her boots.  Jenna snapped this photo of my sister and I watching the battle.  It was very hot.  I really treasure this photo especially because I left my camera at home in the charger.

Not only did I see my sister, Patty, but I also bumped into my sister Gloria too.  Gloria was working behind the scenes at the Friday evening officer's private invitation dinner accompanied by Major John Rawlins.  This event was period evening dress only so Gloria and I could meet on the side.  I later saw her and her husband at the street ball and briefly Sunday morning.  However, we missed all three of us together.
 Pat and Dan gave me a ride to see the new calves on
their farm and low and behold the calves were in distress between two fences.  They slipped below the barbed wire near a creek  but there was a reenforcing fence at the road.  So the heard had to be called back to the creek and the mothers mooed for the calves to follow.  Wow!  That was an experience.  Then they caught a coon in a trap that had been disturbing the cat food.  I didn't hear the coon screaming in the trap but Patty couldn't sleep through it so you know what Dan had to do in the middle of the night.  I left with maple syrup, zucchini, kale and eggs.  I gave Patty and Dan my favorite facial scrub and a battery operated butterfly in a jar.

I got home just about 4PM on Monday afternoon after picking up Marley in Peoria and she was glad to see me.  Alan said she pulled his shade down.  I knew I would have to catch up on my emails so I turned on my laptop and had no internet.  I just got a refurbished Motorola Surfboard router/modem in June and it was kaput.  So I ran down to Best Buy and got a Zoom router/modem for $130.  I got that running just in time for the Monday night American Legion Meeting and the swearing in of officers.  I addressed the post that I had received a letter to attend the Veterans Assistance Commission quarterly meeting but that I was not officially the post representative at this meeting but that I did attend because I held the letter.  So guess what?
 

No comments:

Blog Archive