Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Week

I went to the opening night of the Civil War musical.  Next week I'll go see One Destiny and Sherman
http://www.alplm.org/NewsEvents/News/OneDestinyandTheCivilWarMusical.aspx

My Rocky Horror Picture Show for Illinois has been updated.
http://webspace.webring.com/people/ec/congal/

I got a new carpet bag.  It's a lot bigger than it looks.  This should hide a lot of modern things.

Friday morning I went to the Old State Capitol for a photo shoot with other reenactors for next year's tourism guide.  Justin asked me to help a new summer hire with her her head wear from the wardrobe room and I found the perfect item for her.  Then I set up our afternoon tables for our Soldiers Aid Society as part of the summer "History Comes Alive".

Saturday I went to a Vietnam encampment reenactment.  Here I am with one of the set up tents.  It's not mine.  I just sat in the vacant seat.  I wore my Vietnam era shirt.


Sunday I went to the ABATE Downed Rider Benefit.  I donated my pink leather jacket and Harley Barbie to the ABATE Downed Rider Benefit.  I was told that all auction items were promised but not knowing how much.  I paid my $5 admission and got this as a door prize.  How appropriate to get a note book with a rose on it.  The humidity was so high I could feel my pores ooze.
I just weeded my garden which is difficult this late with tomatoes falling down.  Marley followed me everywhere.  Of course, she hopes that I'll scare a rabbit out of the bushes.
I did some clearing of crab grass in my garden.  Look what I found.
I'm  sautéing green peppers and onions in peanut oil, seasoned with pepper and bullion cube. so good. I added some green tomatoes that fell also.
I noticed while walking Marley, a house had bloomed the Surprise Lillies.  Then I wondered about mine.  They are coming up but much slower.
Well I went to a Parish Council meeting Monday night.  No...we don't have a council yet but we are setting one up and learning how to do it systematically.  My forehead was sweating during the meeting and the lady next to me put on a jacket.  I guess she was in direct line of the air conditioner. 
I had an opps....my appointment for a bone density test was for Wednesday not Tuesday but they took me anyway. Wheezer started squealing again but my mechanic was closed on the way home. I stopped by Harbor Freight and got free batteries.  Beautiful weather this summer so far.  But it's not over.
Well I'm getting ready to mail a box to my soldier.  Other Soldiers Angels have really had nice themes for their boxes.  I just send "sale of the day" stuff.

Have a nice week.  Off to mow the grass.

No comments:

Blog Archive