Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Week


Tuesday night (or more like Wednesday morning) I didn't sleep well at all.  So I stayed up and did things.  Back to bed at 5.  I just got up about 8AM and got a call from Alan.  He caught another coon.  Normally my recycle pickup is later but I got up too late and missed the recycle pick up.

My son's dog got mauled by a pit bull on Thursday evening.

Friday morning, the utility company contracted out tree trimmers that also trimmed me (and my neighbor's) cable (TV and INTERNET). I called it in at 9AM and they said it would be done by 12:30. Well I don't know which 12:30 they meant because when I got home from my volunteer duty at the Old State Capitol, it still wasn't working. Called again and was told they'd fix it on Monday. How is adding a whole weekend escalating my problem?

Thursday and Friday evening I worked the Chatham American Legion Homecoming ticket booth the weather was nice.   The event continues on Saturday, which I didn't work.  I learned that they cancelled the parade due rain.  

I didn't go Saturday because I went to the Civil War reenactment in Pittsfield. It was nice when I left but the clouds rolled in.   Remember, I was without TV and internet for 4 days so I had no idea how rotten the weather would be.  Well I was there for the Civil War fashion show and tea.  I picked up a pair of mitts from one of the vendors.


Sunday I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  I believe that national will use my photo in their CWV magazine.


Monday I got My certificate and pin as a Certified Interpretive Guide in the mail for the course I took in January.  I was beginning to think I didn't pass and the course was NOT CHEAP.  I often felt like the tours that I gave may have had lesser value because I am an unpaid volunteer.  This makes me feel on par.
 Monday night I went to Metamora for Civil War Dance practice.  I'm getting there.  The dances that I'm trying to learn are here:

I think I finished trimming my straw bonnet.  Everything is subject to change when it comes to decorating a bonnet.  I wish the bavolet that I made stood out more as they did in these photos from Godeys.  However, I am pleased with the way the babolet that I made has a nice crinkle and crochet lace trim edge.


 At least I got the lining right.
I had an old faded Gunne Sax dress with some shear sleeves which I took off and attached to a short sleeve button top.  I will use this for undersleeves on some of my Civil war gowns.  Next to changes some plain pearl buttons to shank buttons and hem up my brown dress another inch so I won't trip on it.
Well, tonight is the retreat ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb and the homecoming for the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight.  I have a special request to get photos.  Looks like a rainy retreat.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive