Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My week


Well I left off last week with the Rocky Horror Picture Show at SIUE.  Here's the article in the school paper, The Alestle.

Wednesday evening I went to a Legion Riders meeting after work.  The bike still doesn't seem to handle very well since I had an oil change and new grips added.  I have had fear of control on turns and had to ride in lower gears to stay upright.  This can be a challenge on a turn.  So instead of my long awaited ride with friends, I had to spend the morning having my son follow me to Capitol City Motorsports.
Here I am on a swing with my birthday ribbon and button.
I had a lovely birthday.  My coworkers decorated the office and gave me a birthday card with a gift card for Longhorn.  Since I had a good breakfast, lunch was just a tort from a bakery known as Incredibly Delicious.  My sons and I had dinner there and it was good.  I really like prime rib on special occasions but sometimes that are fatty so I got the 16 oz over the 12 oz figuring I could get scraps for my dogs.  That meat was leaner than others.  I have plenty in my 'to-go' box for later.  Our waitress gave me an ice cream sundae since it was my birthday.  I didn't feel as guilty when she suggested three spoons for sharing.  Afterward they gave me gifts of a three serving crock pot, wall art, wine aerator and a map of Germany.  Alan spent the night with his brother.
Saturday I took advantage of a free video rental from Family Video.  I wanted "Gasdby" but it was all out so I checked out Esther.  Here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko63DUcc8i4
It reminded me of Cinderella with a happy ending.

Sunday morning it poured.  Marley hopped into the bathtub when I opened the shower doors.  Bathroom is her safe spot against storms and tub is even safer.   I had Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.

It's a good thing I got ice for my water and found the soda can in the freezer left in there for his ride home.

I went to a wedding for Paul and Serena on Sunday evening.  Paul is the son of one of our favorite coworkers.  He collects bobble heads so they had custom bobble head cake toppers. Since it rained Sunday morning before the wedding, the reception was relocated to a dryer building on the state fair grounds.  Unless you were busy moving stuff, the guests didn't know.

 
Tuesday I went to meet with the Womens Overseas Service League.  Mostly discussed the bi-annual national convention.  We lost a member. RIP
The Home Medics clothes steamer that I had sent back to the factory for warranty came back in the mail with a new item.

Tuesday after work I went to a meeting of the Soldiers Aid Society.  Now that the season is winding down, we can start regrouping and planning, and sewing.  I showed my new bonnet and Laura showed hers.  I told her I also had a croquet set in good condition except for the wooden box.  We discussed "Miss Rose Percy" coming to Springfield in 2015.  This may be this doll's final showing.


Tuesday evening I went to the airport to welcome home the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight.  This time there was a band playing patriotic music in the airport before the arrival.  It was just like a party without the drinks...unless of course you count the concession at Subway.

I put flags on my lawn for 9-11-2013.  I couldn't find a hammer for the stakes so I used a brick.

No comments:

Blog Archive