Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Week


I haven’t put the wrong year in my check book yet. Ha, I use debit cards more.






I noticed a condition on my eye so I called my optometrist office and was told that it would be classified as a medical check rather than optometry and would billed to my Blue Cross HMO. I asked if I needed a referral and was told that most HMOs no longer require a referral but I should check to make sure. So I made an appointment for that afternoon and then called Blue Cross. I was told I did need a referral and that the Dr I had an appointment with was not in the network of providers. So I called my primary care clinic for a referral to a network provider referral. I was told to call Blue Cross back to get a list of the providers in the area. So I called Blue Cross back and was told that there were 2 in the area and one was the Dr whom my appointment was with. So I called my primary clinic back for a referral to Dr JAMES D LOHRBERG. I got an answering machine to the person who creates the referrals. I followed up at noon to learn she was at lunch. I explained that my appointment was at 2:15 and will go to lunch before the appointment and it would be nice to know the referral was done before leaving for lunch enroute to this appointment. I went to see Dr Lohrberg, an eye doctor, and he said I have a common, benign eye condition ~ Pterygium (the p is silent). He said it was common for people who work outdoors. Hmm…must be from motorcycle riding. http://www.harvardeye.com/procedures/pterygium.html






My son pointed out that he saw news about a remake for my favorite show as a teenager ~ Dark Shadows. Johnny Depp is reviving Jonathan Frid’s character as Barnabas Collins. Movie comes out in May so I guess I must go to the opening but how shall I dress? Maybe the enthusiasm of going to Rocky Horror in costume makes me want to go in attire for Dark Shadows too. I’d love to go as Angelique but I’d probably look more like Dr Julia Hoffman now.






Saturday I went to a meeting of the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight. I met some real nice people there. I even got a great suggestion for how to hang my “Welcome Home” banner with Velcro at the airport for their return instead of the rolled duct tape I had been using. Once I had old tape that didn’t stick. There was a guest from Litchfield that discussed a new website that they were putting together for their stories from veterans. I looked up the site when I got home. I called “Pop”, the veteran whom I was a guardian for on the honor flight if I could share his story with others and I got permission. http://mymilitaryhero.us/harlan-bottles/ I suppose I should share this one too: http://extras.sj-r.com/photo-galleries/reader/send-us-your-remember-a-veteran-photos/6789/ So I called “Len”, the other veteran whom I was guardian to and got his permission to share his story as well. He agreed. I told Len I found out that his granddaughter had passed away. Len told me about her cancer battle. He told me that his kidneys were failing. I was so glad that he had a chance to go to DC on the honor flight when he did before any need for dialysis. I found a good deal at the Salvation Army store for my laptop. It’s a Targus Delux Tote that normally sells for $80 and I got it for $5. I didn’t realize what a good deal I had until I researched its regular price. I wanted a bag that didn’t say, “Steel the bag with the laptop in it” and this looks more like a larger tote only with the partitions for a laptop.






The exercise class on Monday involved some lunges around the room. I didn’t feel it until the next day. Just walking from the parking lot to my work was agonizing. I didn’t even realize that work out in the evening either when I went to Historical dance practice. I understand that since the special historical ball for New Years that the Springfield International Folk dancers practice this Historical dances monthly which alternates with other ethnic dances that they perform. A few of the advanced dances were introduced like the schottische which has a lot of skipping for a higher impact. On the up-side, it’s only 2 minutes long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZvAhYDtNtc&feature=related All this took a toll on my diabetic dance partner who failed to find time to eat between a trip in Missouri and the 7PM dance practice. Vending machines were on another floor so that gave him a needed boost. We also have dance lessons in ball room basics like Foxtrot for 6 weeks on Tuesday.






Monday when I left for work I asked my son to do 2 small tasks, change a light bulb and fix the rubber press-on molding on the sliding door. Neither was done so I changed the bulb but didn’t get to the molding because of dancing. He saw me get the stool to climb up and change the bulb and said he could get the molding later because he’s more of a night person. He announced that he would clean the living room and bathroom on Tuesday. I’ll be home late after dance lesson so he has more time.






I’ve seen this before and after haircut on the internet that I thought would be good for me when I cut my hair. The article was about haircuts that make you look younger.



Here's the article:












Time to pull out the forever stamps. I only have a few 44 cent stamps that will need a penny stamp.

No comments:

Blog Archive