Tuesday, February 8, 2022

My Week

 Well last week, was pretty boring so only a little carried over to this week.

I went to got my license plate renewed at the drive up window at IL DMV.  They were closed the week before because of COVID.  Totally shut down for a week.

Then I went to Aldi. Many shelves were bare  because people were stocked up for snowmageden. I was pretty stocked up for COVID shortages but needed some perishables.

I took Amber to two rehearsals as Sandy in the Auburn HS play "Annie".  The first I watched and Amber would try to come to me after  after the actress called "come" from the dog catcher.  So the next time, I hid in another room.  It pained me not to watch but I was told she did well and even did a few trick.

 Tuesday's core class has a wait list. Seems that this class dropped the title of "Masters Core" (senior) and now other younger folks are filling it up and there are just so many places in the TRX room.  I did sign up for the yoga class afterwards and as I came in for yoga class, the core class was leaving.  They informed me that I was in fact enrolled.  Heck, I didn't want to go 45 minutes early hoping for an opening while waiting for the yoga class to begin.

We got snow on Feb 2 and 3.  I had my drive shoveled unsolicited by a fellow neighbor and Legionnaire, Jonathan Rees.  No mail for 2 days. Trash pick up will have to wait til next week.  I dug a labyrinth for the dogs to walk/run in the back yard.

Feb 5 and 6 was a Teacup Agility through the Dinky Dogs Agility.  This was right after our big snow so I was concerned about the 1 hour and half drive so I left at 6:20.  I brought Sophie because I didn't want to return the next day considering the weather we've had.  Sophie doesn't kennel well. She will rock a kennel like an earthquake.  When at rest, I kenneled the girls together.  I was pleasantly surprised that she was relaxed with Amber in there together.

I had a good weekend in Peoria doing teacup agility. Amber got our Games Superior title and our Standard Superior title. 10 runs and 10 blue ribbons plus "High in Trial" award for our height. Not perfect on everything but close.  The people there were so so so very nice. Most were from that Peoria club.  I spent the night with my son who said I was imposing.  He was watching mixed martial arts. 





All photos can be found here.  They are copyright by EddieSoft Photograph but I did pay for the photos posted above.

https://eddiesoft.smugmug.com/DogSportsandPetPortraits/Dinky-Dogs-TDAA-Agility-February-5-6-2022

Then on Feb 7, I went down the hill at the Sanchrist Lake Damn

Here's my video of my tumbling down the hill:


My neck and shoulder were sore the following day.

That evening I went to the American Legion which was canceled in December and January because of COVID  fear.  The email said we would resume with cautions including masking but I went and was not planning on wearing a mask.  Yea, nobody else was wearing a mask either.  We haven't had fish fries last year so we will be starting that up again.


SILENT HAS THE SAME LETTERS AS LISTEN

Do not judge Christianity by Christians or by their organizations; judge Christianity by Christ. Look into his life and teachings, you just might be surprised.

 



No comments:

Blog Archive