Sunday, February 20, 2022

My week

 I'm cold this week.  I put a dent in my stash of firewood.  Walking the dogs has been short and slippery.

Tuesday seemed to have a full calendar: core and yoga class, Sophie's therapy visit, Amber's rehearsal, and then evening open practice at the club. 


 


My dog training at In the Zone Agility is a private group so I'm sharing a screen shot of student of the week ~ me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzE0mntAxbM


 Thursday we had a weather warning.  The village sent out a text message to get parked cars off the street for the snow plows.  Predictions were that this storm was to commence about 11 AM.  I needed hearing aid batteries and the place I get them are not full time operation but open on Thursday.  I also wanted to go to rally practice at the club at 10AM especially because we did so bad the week before.  I last did rally the weekend that the state had shut down for the pandemic in March 2020 in Champaign, IL and got our AKC Rally Expert title.  Imagine the nerves knowing that I had to finish the trial and come home and lock down.  Boy did I get rusty while focusing on AKC Obedience titles to top out our A class (first time handlers) and agility.  From now on we will be in B class. There were only 2 of that showed up and after 45 minutes practicing, the sleet started coming down hard.  

The unsolicited callers were going crazy on Thursday.  They must have known we were home in a weather advisory and hoping people will answer.  I finally found a setting that directs unknown calls to voice messaging.  Sad that I know clinics do not leave a voice message and those could be important.

Friday I learned why my accountant is not receiving my calls for a tax appointment.  I did a search on her name and she's in some sort of legal trouble.  She did a lot of tax returns for seniors.  She didn't charge much to do my taxes so now I'll have to find someone else and pay more.   Then Alan calls and wants me to know what I'm doing Saturday...wait for it.  I look at my calendar and few minor things.  Then he tells me he wants me to watch his dog, Hank, while he drives to Carbondale for a German Shepard puppy. Yep this is the same son that said I was rude to stay the night at a 2-day trial in his neighborhood during a snow storm.  Well he came to his senses and didn't go at last minute.  In the evening I went to our regular Friday “ring ready” practice.  Pam knows that Amber and I have now got our Obedience Companion Dog title and has upped our challenge for Obedience Open.   That means a “drop” or “down” in the middle of a recall.  I can do it. By signal of verbal but not both.  I haven’t achieved “both” yet.  I wasn't really ready for that on a Friday night but it was real good.  My problem is still sniffing and lagging

Sunday I read scripture at Mass.  I was a little surprised that position wasn't filled a few days earlier online.  Then I realized it's a holiday weekend.  Sean came earlier so we could watch a movie Blue Miracle.  I liked that movie so we gave it a star.   I left about 1:30 to attend a presentation of the Macoupin County Civil War Round Table that was interesting. The speaker was David Finnigan form the state archives and architecture talking about the current state capitol.  Years ago we had a behind the scenes Civil Ware tour of rooms designed with the Civil War theme in the late 1870s.  After his speech, he was selling a book (typical of these events) so I looked up his salary $109k in 2021.  Must be nice to write a book that sells for $55 while obtaining research at work.  More about his book here: https://www.illinoistimes.com/springfield/thousand-year-statehouse/Content?oid=14744623

David Finnigan


During the past few years, I've become increasingly distrustful/skeptical of 1) medical experts that just pass down lies from above and call it researched, 2)  from Catholic Charities (and others) that sponsor illegals transportation and hotels, 3) volunteering where you need a mask and have diversity training, 4) Hillary and company the spy on Trump and her witnesses end up dead, and 4)  voting in elections when they are stolen using Dominion voting machines.

The End


No comments:

Blog Archive