Monday, December 27, 2021

My Christmas Week

 Rose Blanche Sophie and Amber wish you a Merry Christmas

This was a display for photos at Pet Plus.  Notice the guinea pig on my lap! Her name is Blanche.  She needed social friend so I got her a young guinea pig named Holly.

This was a charity photo for a shelter

 
These were taken at the Capitol Canine Dog Club for our Christmas Party.

Sophie has been limping and I picked up some pain medication for her.  The limp was gone almost Instamatic.

Wednesday I stood in a Patriot Guard flag line for Nolen E Dailey and Thursday I stood in a PGR flag line for Cliff Stamm.  Cliff and his wife, Mary, used to dance with our Metamora Civil War Dancers.

Wednesday evening, our VFW post held a children's Christmas party and I came dressed for the occasion.  Our post commander requested we wear our caps more often so I did.  One of our delighted helpers, Veronica, had a nice conversation focused on my service and the VFW.  I explained I didn't have it as rough as some of my comrades but I feel my membership supports them in an understanding way.  She told me she didn't believe in Santa growing up as a 7th Day Adventist.  I explained that we are not really lying to children as much as preparing them to believe in what that cannot see for a higher God.  It takes a lot of faith in a world of disbelievers.  She nodded.



On Christmas eve, Alan arrived first and then Sean. They enjoyed watching my two guinea pigs, Blanche and now Holly, have their divider opened for their bonding.  A few dogs liked watching them also.  We went to 5PM Mass at St Joseph's Church on the other side of town near Sean's house lest they attend my church in a mask. 

A cherish a Christmas Mass together

At the beginning of Mass, a child placed the baby in the manger

Pannorama of St Joseph Church


This year's Christmas gifts include:
gift card to Aldi (fun trip to the Isle of Shame), Amazon Echo (but couldn't get it to work), a composting bin for the garden, Instapot, 2 scratch off tickets, mini camera, LED garage light (might need to have the outlet changed), a book about cooking with an instapot followed by the actual instapot gift, a Dremmil kit so I can make holes and be creative., hot chocolate ornament, weave poles, mini camera,  purple hoodie, scented hand cream, dog tricks, square mini cast iron gridle, giunea pig habitat and timothy hay, soup mug and wool army blanket.  As we opened our presents, my sons noticed only a few jars of edibles.  Then they went to their stockings by the fireplace and were happy with their checks.

Hot chocolate bomb next to an avocado for size. It's hollow.

I fixed fried cauliflower.  Boys didn't like it.  They seem to prefer mixed vegetables like their dad made by opening up 5 cans. Alan brought prime rib.  Also salad and macaroni salad.  I got a coconut cream pie at Humphry's Market and made jello with whipped cream,    After dinner we went for a nice walk with all 4 dogs.  I always look forward to our walks especially on a nice day.

We watched movies like "Mary Magdalene", "The Interview" and "The Liberator" of the 157th Regiment.  Then after they left, I cleaned house.  I had to make sure dishes were done, table cloth in the laundry and mop the floors as it was a warm damp muddy day.  I recall when we used to go to a movie at the theater.  

Alan wants to surprise me with a Belgian Malinois to train since I've been training Amber these past few years.  I keep telling him NO that I'd rather have a papillon. He sent me numerous videos of the Malinois but it's his wish not mine.  The Malinois are too strong and difficult to train and a liability risk.  I know he's thinking as a protector for his mom.   A papillon is most versatile in many venues include therapy dog. Besides, my neighborhood has a 3 dog limit and I need that space open in case of an emergency.

Sunday I went to Mass and had a brief conversation with a few members in the doorway.  I showed one my 2020 quarter with a bat on it with words about the National Park Service. We both thought it odd.  She liked the Nativity shirt that I wore.  The she asked our user if he had seen her husband come in yet.  He said yes that her husband had already been seated.  She seemed excited that she missed him enter after parking the car.  I replied, "just like today's Gospel" (about loosing Jesus at the temple).  Sean and I watched the "Photographer of Mauthausen"

I'm a bit irked at Cosmo biting on Amber and getting a little rough with that puppy play.   I had looked all over for the muzzle I had in my box of dog things and couldn't find it.  My poor pup was cowering on me. 

 

 



No comments:

Blog Archive