Monday, December 20, 2021

My Week

Winding down to prepare fore Christmas is not winding down fast enough.  Day by day seems to sneak up with something last minutes now that the dog activity is almost over.  Monday night I went to our VFW meeting.  Tuesday morning a funny thing in exercise class-we partner up with bands.  When my partner finished and it was my turn,  I said "good girl ".  Then later was our Women's Overseas Service League luncheon where we usually exchange gifts.  I gave everybody a sausage since it was simple and better than candy.  It was a hit in the past. 

We had a group photo

I thought that this was unique

Reindeer S'mores

I was the first to leave because I take Amber on her therapy dog visit at 1:30.  We did tricks but I could tell she wasn't really into it as much.  She did cuddle up to a couple of ladies.  Then it really fell apart when a guest came in with her shitzu mix and no more after that.  Sure they got acquainted and settled down but the show was over.

Wednesday I went to practice with Amber in Mechanicsburg.  The weather was real nice but extremely windy.  Today Lisa helped me with a little confidence about staying at a start line till I say "OK" and gaining a little distance so I don't have to run as much and hurt myself and fall.  Before leaving I made Stuffed pepper soup in the crock pot and proud of how it turned out since I've not been a good cook latly.  I didn't have ground beef but I did have Italian meat balls in the freezer that I ground up.

Thursday evening was our CWV Christmas Party.   I wore my little Christmas outfit that I do Amber's Christmas Story.  


Friday morning our exercise group went to breakfast afterward a usual.   I met a another from the DAR who asked me if I'd go to Wreaths Across America at Camp Butler tomorrow.  It's new project for DAR this year and the second time I'd been asked this exact same question since becoming a member last April.  I almost feel insulted being asked this because I've been there since we started doing it.  I should be thankful they are on board with the program and helped this year's record number of wreaths sponsored.  I truly am. 

I had my mammogram and everything is fine. Be advised that getting the COVID-19 vaccine can cause temporary lymph node enlargement and result in a “false positive” mammogram.

Saturday morning I went to Camp Butler for Wreaths Across America.  



Peggy and I have been to this ceremony annually and her first year without her husband who is buried at Camp Butler.


Proper pose after stomping on my own plot.

Seeing that the cemetery had a lot of help, I came home to prepare for Amber's Christmas Story at the Villas of Southpark.  If the video doesn't show below, try this link.

 

After the the little skit at the assisted living facility, I went to the Capitol Canine club for our Christmas Party still dressed in my pseudo Santa outfit.  One of the members is a photographer so pictures forthcoming.


 

Sunday morning I was a lector at Mass....something I hadn't volunteered for in a long time.  

Here's Amber's accomplishments for just 2021 alone.

 

Sunday morning, Sophie started to limp on her front paw.  Now I'm worried because I can't feel anything on that leg.  I will have to call my veterinarian on Monday.  He mostly does wellness visits but I may have to bump up the care to Brewer Animal hospital that performed her eye surgery.

Sunday evening after Sean left, I picked up a baby female guinea pig to phase over as a companion for Blanche.


No comments:

Blog Archive