Monday, August 9, 2021

My Week

Monday evening I went to the American Legion meeting and took pictures using Gary's camera of the swearing in ceremony of officers. Tuesday morning's yoga class we did something a little  different. It  was a breathing exercise in one nostril and out the other. Tuesday afternoon I took Sophie to  the nursing home.  After that I went to the Flag Lowering Ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb.

Then there's my selfie afterward

Here's an enhanced close up

 
Wednesday was Sean's 25th anniversary of  going to boot  camp.  I took the dogs to the new dog park at Centennial Park.  It's all nice and new and has water but no shade.  There are young trees but no shade yet.  I like  that they had weave poles and an A frame.  The big dog side had a teeter that I didn't try..yet.

Thursday I went to the club twice: open practice at 11AM and evening agility class at 6:30.  The members  had lunch together at  Sangamo Brewing Company.  I must admit I lack patience with these reverse looped jumps.  I can't stop yelling "nooooo" and it's scaring Amber.   Please  Lord, give me this ability. It's the only thing left in life for enjoyment during this pandemic.

I am going to try gluten free again. but those chips are. interesting having cilantro and sun dried tomatoes in a tube. It wouldn't be a trip to Aldi without picking up lots of wine. I even got frozen chocolate covered bananas. 

I'm stocking up on things like soup for the up coming food shortage.  I also got a big fan.  The fan I got at Big Lots years ago is not holding up very well.

ex-military warned to prepare
There's a few things I want from County Market like chow mein that is not carried at Aldi. 
Many will catch on late I'm afraid and I will only share with Sean and Alan whom I love sincerely close.

Thursday I was crossing the street with my dogs and a young lady stopped  in the middle of the road to hand me a beautiful rose.  I needed and explanation and she said she liked the dogs and that she worked in a flower shop.  Noticing there were many more roses, I explained that there was a nursing home down the street that would love to have them and off she went.  Then I bumped into some little girls 1/2 a block down and they liked my dogs.  I gave them the rose I was given and told them to give it to their grandmother.  Problem solved.  In the evening I went to agility class.  I had some frustrations with jump entries from behind/wrapped around.  Poor Amber listening to me cry "Noooo".

Saturday I went to the car show as part of the color guard for the opening  ceremony of the Powerlight Abe Lincoln Car Show.  I've done the a couple times in years past.   Here are a few picture that I took.

Widow: Amber Oberhiem accepts a check for Fallen Police

Back to the Future

Haunted House Hearse

Old Police Cars as a Memorial to fallen officers

little Messerschmidt. 


Sunday I volunteered as a Eucharistic Minister, something I haven't done in awhile.  I figure that they would be more needy since most of the parish attended Mass the evening before at the picnic.  I didn't go to the picnic since I attended the 33rd regimental Band to dance at the Old State Capitol at the same time.  When Sean came we watched a Disney movie and when he left I spent the rest of the evening watching Gone With the Wind.  A lot of rain overnight.  The garden needed it.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive