Monday, March 15, 2021

My Week

The facebook page for the Million Mask Challenge that I joined last March will be archived at the end of March after reaching our goal.  My memories on Facebook reminded me of our AKC rally trials in Champaign while I was texted by my sons about the governor's shut down.  I re-watched the videos and realized how much better we have become today.  I was in a beginner class and often the only one in the class to trial but at least I didn't have to be intimidated by others that had one or more trial under their belt.

I was able to turn off the heat for 5 days.  We had some beautiful weather and nice and sunny.  Sure it was cold at night but then I have a down feather quilt.   I did turn the heat back on over the weekend however.  Now the rain and we do need it.  Last Sunday, Sean gave me a puzzle ring.  Unlike the ring I used to have that fits on my finger, but more golf ball size.  I used to be proficient with a ring that would fit on my finger.   I don't know what ever happened to that ring.  I had to re-learn how I solved this puzzle. Instructions are on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huoFQSu7Cvo 

Tuesday I went to a funeral in Peoria for (distant cousin) past department commander of Illinois Amvets.  In the evening I went to a new obedience practice at 7pm -8pm and then quickly out to Rochester for rat practice.

This is our connection to Paul Kerby.  Paul's mother is Mary "Virginia" Connolly in this "United States Census, 1920".  Same grandfather as my husband but Mary's mother is from a second marriage with Roxie.



I did get pictures of Paul's brothers.  Here is Mary Kerby (widow)  and Paul's brother Dwayne Kerby (?). He had just put something in his mouth.

Here is Charles Kerby from Ohio.
Tuesday evening I went to the Capitol Canine Training Club for obedience practice at 7-8PM and then quickly out to Rochester for a brief practice at barn hunt.  It's a tight squeeze  between practices but I need both.

Amber's photo is on the last page of the TDI newsletter.  We have another waiver to sign because the TDI insurance doesn't cover the handler or our dog, only results of our visit by a dog.

https://tdi-dog.org/images/Spring_Summer_2021.pdf

 During my last dental visit, my doctor wanted to redo my crown.  The receptionist called later with the costs based on my insurance.  At the time I declined because I wasn't having any problems.  Then Thursday evening my waterpick resulted in blood so I will get another appointment

Wednesday evening I went to our Amvets meeting for the first time since last September.  There wasn't a quorum.  Thursday evening I went to our Catholic War Veterans meeting at 7pm.

My brother called while I was in yoga class. He left a message about me still being in bed at 9:30. In a way I was because I was doing Yoga savasana posture.


 Saturday morning I joined as Zoom meeting of the Women's Overseas Service League out of San Antonio.   It's a little hard to hear the group from their iPad because it's not right in front of the person speaking in a restaurant setting.  

Sunday I was a Eucharistic Minister at Mass.  I figure I should sign up to volunteer now because I will miss Mass in coming weeks with dog trials coming up.  I fixed potatoes, carrots, cabbage and corned beef.  Sean brought a lemon cake.  When he texted me a photo of the cake, it looked smaller like a mini-bunt cake.  I made sure he took the remainder home.   I got a text that the VFW state commander, Laurie Emmer, would be visiting the Chatham VFW post.

Attendees got a nice VFW glass and a fancy-dancy pen that has a flash light and screw driver with her name on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The purpose of life is to listen...to yourself, to your neighbor, to your world, and to your God...and when the time comes, to respond in a helpful way...from within and without.” —Fred Rogers


No comments:

Blog Archive