Tuesday, March 2, 2021

My Week

Last fall I brought my two geranium plants inside for the winter.  One of them seems to have died but the other flowered this week.  I guess that's good and bad.

Wednesday was a lovely day and after exercise I took Amber to Mechanicsburg for practice.  Lisa made a video of a virtual run on the tunnels.   For an extra $10, the video will go to a NADAC judge for title.  Now I wait.

I got home dog practice in time for a 2PM Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum volunteer continuing education webinar on “’'The Choked Voice of a Race, at Last Unloosed’: African Americans and Civil War Music”.  It's an unlisted video.   The last question about the photo of the regimental bands came from me via the chat on WEBEX.

I was rather sore after agility practice.  My left hip was sore and caused me to walk slow. Hope it gets better and not related to  my spinal fusion.  The weather was nice and I finally got my car washed.   In the evening I assisted with the beginner dog obedience class.  

Thursday I took Amber to practice.  We had a good turn out.  I even saw a white doberman.  Now that Amber and I are improving, Chris has been tagging me (along with another lady) as demonstration teams for the newer members at practice. 

Friday was the last day of the remodeling in my back room.  It had a textured wall that seemed to gather dirt on every little bump.  Mark spent a lot of time and I felt he was undercharging me so I bumped up the amount on the check that I wrote to him.  Now to clean up all the residual dust.  I just couldn't get it off the floors with regular cleaner.  Then I remembered that I have a gallon of ammonia.  It's hard to find ammonia these days.  It helped cut the dust a lot.  Here is the before and after of the sliding patio door.

Saturday I took the dogs to Stuart Park to play in the dog run.  The girls enjoyed it and there were 2 other dogs in the small dog area.  There were a lot in the big dog fence.

Sean was going to change the faucet in the 1/4 bath on Sunday but he couldn't find the shut off valve.  I have a plumber coming next Wednesday. I fixed tortellini. 

I'm going to plant "sugar baby" watermelon this year.  I put some seeds in starter containers but there are more seed that can be planted directly in ground in May. I remember last year when my neighbor planted a tiger melon and it grew on my side so I had to tease him that it was mine because I had to mow around the vine.  

I scanned a few old photos.  I think I'm in either 2d or 3rd grade here.  I rarely had curled hair.  Mom must have done this special for photo day.

Here I am at Lowry AFB in Semi-formal at a dining-in.
I had to reset my Apple Watch.  That took a long time. 

No comments:

Blog Archive