Monday, September 21, 2020

My Week

My Masters exercise group had three cancellations this week: Core, Yoga, and circuit.  I miss the motivation of group exercise.  I still got my mile walk in with the dogs.

Monday I went to the VFW meeting. After that I went to our 4th week of Nose Work class.  I had mentioned to Sandra that when Amber gets frustrated with the "find", she looks at me for help.  When it comes to nose work, I can't help her when she stares me down.  She did repeat this in class but it was a lot shorter of a stare down before continuing. 

Tuesday 36 Olsen pocketed masks and 2 another style sent to an urgent request in Idaho. 



Wednesday evening I took Amber to a private agility class in Rochester.  He rules ... not choke collar and I had come with a martingale chain collar to slip off easily on a run.  She let me get away with it this time but next time I need a regular collar.

Thursday evening  I attended a zoom webinar called "Belle Reynolds, Richard Yates, and the Politics of a Civil War Sex Scandal". Belle is the woman whom I've portrayed first person.  I was shocked at the slant toward the relationship of Belle Reynolds and Governor Yates as a sex scandal so I had to know what this was based on.  Apparently it was a slant by the governor's political enemies as a drunk and having a party boat. Belle is the young woman that I re-enact 1st person. I contacted the professor from IN and he said he did discover my blog research and plans to cite me as a reference in his book.


http://historicelsah.org/2020/08/the-lady-major-and-the-war-governor-belle-reynolds-richard-yates-and-the-politics-of-a-civil-war-sex-scandal/ 

I think the newspapers said they were in the woods together. Belle was religious, a school teacher, and nursed the sick physically and emotionally at Fort Donaldson so her heart was pure. She continued nursing during the war and later became a doctor. She left her relationship with the governor after he honored her as a major when she knew where it was headed politically.  In the end, James Fuller said he didn't really believe there was a sexual relationship although Gov Yates may have made advances.

Amber sniffin' Halloween butt.


Friday evening I took Sophie to open training.   She needs it more than Amber if I want her to finish Rally Novice on Oct 9.

Sunday I set up my Halloween decorations and went to Spirit Halloween store.  I picked up a plague mask.  It will be popular this year.  

I had a coupon and picked up a plague mask.  This was popularized during the Bubonic plague and black death in the renaissance.  I do have a medicine bag and flat hat to go with it.

Well I must add that this mask is breathable and can be worn with glasses.

So now we have a late mosquito season upon us.  I hate mosquito bites.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive