Monday, August 17, 2020

My Week

 So many butterflies this time of year.  A storm knocked down most of the surprise lilies.  No surprise.  But we did need the rain.

My neighbor had  a Uhaul leave before the pandemic.  She told me she got a new job in
Washington DC but she won't be fully moving for a few months since her husband's job needed to transition as well.  This week the Uhaul came back.  I simply said "welcome home" as she shrugged.

Tuesday I went to core class followed by cycle.

 

That evening, I went to the VFW where scouts were interviewing veterans for a project. I brought my black robe from Saudi Arabia to show them.  I also gave them a scout photo album that was new that I found at the Goodwill the week before. Afterward I had chicken dinner there.

Wednesday evening we had our first Amvets meeting since the pandemic.  We had a few guests but I still worry about making a quorum.  So many of our older veterans in the group have passed away.  The deceased members do not drop off of our roster either when we report them.  So I created a memorial page about them. 

I found an old old old red dress at the Goodwill.  So old that the threads in the seams were rotting apart and needed reinforced.  I saw the potential for a Christmas program dress that would be much cooler for Christmas in July so I added the fur.  It slips right over my gym clothing so I don't have to worry about changing.

 I fixed some Santa masks for our local Santa whom I plan to recruit to narrate Amber's Christmas Story.


Les Morgan tried all of them on and this is the one that I feared would not fit.  He thinks the larger size will fill out with a fuller beard come Christmas time.  It was really fun being creative making these especially off season like this.


Thursday morning my yoga class was canceled due to lack of participants signing up.  I did take Amber for open practice and got there early to set up Amber's Christmas story.  We performed well until about two thirds through the program.  Amber broke out of the barrier and lost concentration when she heard a dog barking in the other room.  

Thursday evening I went to the Catholic War Veterans meeting.   Dues are up next month and I'm thinking of changing my status from annual to life membership.

After my exercise class on Friday, I gave a practice of Amber's Christmas Story to the group. She waited outside while we exercised. She was in my portable metal pen.  Once loose she had a double spurt of run before settling down.  There was a soccer ball player at the other end of the turf to distract her.  I believe she just needed the run.   Overall, it was a cute program.  I did decide to change the cookie scene to something lighter.  The spatula and snowman plate was cute but awkward for her.  This is the new cookie on a white plate which is a little more visible too.

I've also added a backdrop for her program.  It was on eBay by just the sheet of plastic.  I added a fur ring and slipped some pvc through.  I'm glad I left the excess fur off the ends because I may need that to clip onto something.  I thought it would be better to roll it than to fold now that I've to the pvc pipe on the top.  I looked everywhere for a pool noodle and they are all gone.  I used water pipe insulation foam instead and glued it right in the slit provided with rubber cement.   It's light and will blow in the breeze.

I just realized that I had a doggie Christmas stocking in the attic.  That will do for her end reward.  Boy this is fun!

Sunday I went to Mass and helped as a Eucharistic Minister. We wear masks when not in our pew or taking communion and then recover.  I noticed that afterward, when cleaning the cups, where all the removed misselettes were stored.  Our readings are on the big screen.  We have to sign up in advance in keeping with church capacity reduced restrictions. 

I learned a new medical term, "glossitis".

Notice any resemblance in Amber's natural look and our president?  Of course she has a summer cut now.


No comments:

Blog Archive