Monday, January 27, 2020

My Week




Tuesday morning I went to Camp Butler to help clear wreaths from the graves.  It was cold but were we elated to see a school bus of kids show up for some community service and it went real fast.

Amber learned "wipe your paws" at Tuesday evening's trick drop in class.

Wednesday I had lunch with Michael and he told me about his job interview and the
in the evening snow.  I went to a photo shoot at church for our directory.  Sure we have our family photo taken last October but this photo shoot was for ministry volunteers.



Thursday morning dog club's open practice time was cancelled due to the ice storm.  I did have evening agility class.  I took a fall  on a turn by the tire jump.  My knee swelled up. 

After examining my goals, I realize I need to buckle down on some of the winter projects I've put off.   I finished the alternations on a bustle dress bodice that's been waiting over 2 years now.  Now to hem the skirt this week for sure.  I needed to learn how to make a button hole on my new machine and found it on youtube.  The written instructions were confusing.


So Friday I finished the bodice to my bustle dress.  Now to hem the skirt.  Only problem with that is the circumference flaring so there will need to be some tucks.

O boy, I like retirement but I've been offered a small job with tours for school groups as a local guide, not that I interpret all the places here but local intermediary between sites and chaperones only a few months but $200 day.  http://springfieldwalks.com/

Thursday we had a rain/snow mix.  Amber had a therapy dog visit.  In the evening agility class was frustrating.  Amber didn't go through the tire obstacle.   She can move faster than I can and communicate the commands.  I took a fall on practice with my tennis shoe to the rubber matting a fall.  I sat the retake out.   She gets 3 out of 9 obstacles correct.  This video was taken by a classmate after we pieced together smaller steps.  This was after my fall.

Now this is odd because Sean slipped on his icy steps the following day.  Then Alan had a skidding accident on a clover leaf turn on an icy road.  He was on his way to a Yellow Ribbon event.


He spent 3 hours on this but he said it reminded him to be humble.  I'm glad he's okay but shaken up.

I have been a lousy cook this week and tossing out what I cooked or had leftover too long.  I burned potatoes and then decided to go out to eat.   I went to a new restaurant called the Yummy Crab.  Expensive but then it's seafood. 

Sunday I was the first reader at Mass.
http://ccc.usccb.org/cccradio/NABPodcasts/2020/20_01_26.mp3

Then I took Amber to the nursing home to do a few tricks, and gave the residents a little change from watching movies. I thought this was a precious moment.  (I will not show faces).  Amber is slowly beginning to enjoy this.  She was shy on her first visits.

In the evening I took Sophie to open members beginner rally practice.  Why should Amber have all the fun.  I don't expect Sophie to get to the level that Amber is based on speed and her poor eyesight but she could easily do rally novice.  I don't think I've seen other fluffy dogs like her doing it.

No comments:

Blog Archive