Tuesday, August 13, 2019

My Week

Tuesday evening I volunteered at the Lincoln Tomb giving tours and stayed for the flag lowering ceremony.
Here's Lee firing the cannon just as the flag hits the down position.

Some of the statues in the tomb had memorial pennies on the pedestal.


 We had a visitor stop by and he gave me a copy of his signed book.  He was on a book tour and he liked the tour I gave and stayed for the flag lowering ceremony.
Friday evening I helped a little at the Halls Harley Davidson Thunder Night stop at our Chatham American Legion.  The leaders of the post made arrangements without consulting the legion riders.  There was no band just music.  Sons of the Legion prepared tacos and gyros. 


Illinois State Catholic War Veterans met in Springfield at St Joseph Church Hall.  Our local post was well represented.  


Here is the head table with the leaders from LaSalle. 
Sean came over to do laundry on Saturday because he'd be busy at the state fair on Sunday.  He was there when I returned from the CWV meeting.

Friday Amber had a thorn in her paw and we had to limp our way home since I couldn't find it on the spot.  I later found it when I stepped on it. It's like a goat head
Here I am at the state fair veterans expo.  I had arranged to have a table side by side conjoining the Catholic War Veterans and the Womens Overseas Service League so I could watch both.



Below are the three women from our organization that was in the parade.  Linda rode on the Navy Club's float.  Linda went to get her veteran pin wearing a women vet T and the lady from IDVA dared to ask if she was a veteran. I can understand that the pins are reserved for veterans and protected as such but the assumption is still male.


Here I am with Linda and WW2 female veteran named Wanda Alexander. 

 

After the parade was over, on the way back, there was a big photo frame.  So this is what we had to do.
 

I was so exhausted after the parade about 5PM that I didn't want to wander around the fair on my own.  Instead I came home and unloaded my car and walked the dogs.  That turned out to be a wise decision because after that we had a big storm.

Meanwhile, Alan has been fixing up his house.  Here's a before and after or rather side by side of the replacement trim on his garage door.  He's been fixing things up since he found a little air compressor and saw on Craigslist.
 The wood was so rotted that it would never hold paint.  I hope he can change the trim in my house.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Garage Door Hoffman Estates can be installed precisely. Not all workers can do it. It needs high quality joining to long last the door. It is one of the main security door of the house.

Blog Archive