Tuesday, February 12, 2019

My Week


The melt has begun with the rain that brings mud. Then the freezing temperatures bring ice. That sums things up this week.  Oh that wind chill returned on Thursday.  Oh and my thumb on my left hand grows worse with arthritis. Hard to pick things up and open zip lock bags.  Hoping it's the weather but not keeping positive.  I had the same problem on my other hand but seemed to massage it and it improved. It's not working as well on the left hand.  My hands are dry and cracking from cold and doing dishes.  The cold weather is making my nose run and sneezing.  That will lead to a raw redness for sure.

I think it's time to find a new groomer for Sophie. Her last grooming was
Friday, October 19, 2018.  I was advised to wait until after the busy holiday season so I did and got an appointment for Jan 10.  That was cancelled because of a death in her family.  I got a new appointment a week later on the 17th but then I had to cancel because Sophie went to the Brewer Animal hospital for her eye surgery.  I got a new appointment for Feb 6 and the groomer got pneumonia.  It was rescheduled for Feb 13th but I felt that was too long without a grooming. Thursday I looked for another groomer before Sophie's Therapy Dog appointment.  They did a good job but a little more expensive.  Within 24 hours, Sophie was itching and in pain from razor burn on her private area.  I tried spraying the rash area with Solarcaine and the next morning she's still writhing in pain.  So Saturday morning I tried Gold Bond and then took her for a walk because she would not use the back yard by herself.  Yes it was cold.


Tuesday evening I went to the general membership meeting for Capitol Canine Training  Club.  Since Amber has been through a 6 week beginner obedience class, 4 week leash class, and basic ground work class, I had asked where I went from there.  Next would be "foundation" and that would be in April.  I want to get Amber tested for CGC (Canine Good Citizen)

Wednesday I got a call from the Sears foreman for my kitchen remodeling project.  Apparently 2 of his workers had family difficulties so it looks tentative for March. If you heard the sob stories he gave me, my kitchen was really low on the priority list.  He should be by later for some specific measurements.   Meanwhile, I wash dishes by hand and my shelve contents are in boxes.  I have a new dishwasher in the box in my kitchen to walk around.  Odd that I was worried about it arriving after the work had begun and thus having to pay extra for the install charge after the fact.

I had a "try on" for some alterations on a silk Civil War dress I got. She charges $25/hr so I limited her to $200. It will look nice.

I was watching Jamestown on PBS.  That's a complicated show.
https://www.pbs.org/show/jamestown/

Saturday I went to Mt Pulaski Courthouse to see Grant's presentation on Lincoln's Birthday.  I admired this photo on the wall and tried to imagine myself in the crowd.

Sunday morning I went to Mass at Little Flower Parish with the Catholic War Veterans at 10AM.  I was worried about the drive since we had sleet followed by snow.  We usually go for breakfast afterward but I opted for safe N sound at home.

I now learn that Google is eliminating G+ (equivalent of social media) and sites (free websites) for which I have genealogy (Connolly) and (Sturdivant).

I will be part of this ceremony


Well I must rest.  The sinus headache has begun.








No comments:

Blog Archive