Monday, October 2, 2017

My Week

Last week's reenactment in Metamora was on their local TV station.   You can see the back of my head in the video at 27:13ish.

Tuesday we matched a record high temperature followed by a sharp drop thereafter.


 Wednesday I had my mammogram (everything was normal) and then lunch with Michael and some shopping.  In the evening I went to the Interveterans Council of Sangamon County.

Pearl is playing now.  She started pulling apart leaves and cicadas.  I dropped some tea bags and she pulled that apart and I had to get the dust pan out.  Well, tea is a bunch of leaves too.


Thursday I went to Audibel for a tune up.  I wore my shirt that says "Your Lips Keep Moving but all I hear is Bla Bla Bla".  I'm sure that shirt was directed towards others that talk too much but funny for someone who doesn't hear too much.  Last time Rick gave me program number 2 which was to be able to drown out back ground noise for one-on-one conversation. He warned me not to get too used to it.  Heck, I never used number 2 because it was like nothing at all.  He increased the volume.  You see, the wireless computer adjusts my hearing aids while I sit in a chair near his computer.
I think the new digital tweeking helped me hear better.  Afterward, a Therapy Dog visit.

Friday I helped volunteer at the Lincoln Tomb from 1-5. It was a busy day and very pleasant out.

Saturday I went to a fundraiser at PAWS in Jacksonville where Pearl was rescued.

Afterward I went to the lobster boil at the VFW.  I wanted to see one before it turned red.
Sunday I went to the Oak Ridge Cemetery Walk and helped a bit with our Lincoln Monument Association table.





No comments:

Blog Archive