Monday, October 9, 2017

My Week

I am deeply saddened to wake Monday morning and learn of the worse shooting in America.  I can't believe that these killers have no fear of Hell and eternal damnation.

Wednesday I participated in the color guard by bearing the POW flag for the Chatham Legion in the Unaccompanied burial at Camp Butler. Whew...that's a long sentence that I hope you can follow.

I did a little thrift store shopping but not much.  Then in the evening I went to the blessing of the pets in honor of St Francis of Assisi.
Here's the photo of me copied from facebook.  I was shushing Sophie because she was excited around the other dogs.


Right after the blessings, I went straight to the American Legion for a meeting with the Legion Riders.  I brought the dogs into the meeting too.

Thursday I stopped into Walmart which I hadn't done in a long time.  I thought I'd check out cameras for my upcoming trip.  I didn't buy one.  I brought Pearl with Sophie to the nursing home to see how she would do.  It wasn't too bad either.  The hardest part was knowing I am to keep an eye on the dogs and there are now two.

I watched the biography of Martin Luther on PBS:
http://www.pbs.org/show/martin-luther-idea-changed-world/

Friday Saturday and Sunday nights I helped with the New Salem Candlelight walk.  Friday and Saturday night I was stationed in the Susan and Isaac Burner House and on Sunday night I was stationed at the Lukin House. There was a young girl that gave me one of those "Disney Princess hugs".  I embraced her.  As I enter the village, I pass the horse to take a selfie together and show off my willow basket on my back.  I made a liner for it this week so that my shawl won't get stuck on the twigs.  On my "to do list", replace the straps.  The straps are uncomfortable.



 This is the humble little house I was in for 2 hours in the dark with a big crowd. My willow basket and I await for the area leader to let me in.  I wanted to show off my updo hair before I donate it to Wigs For Kids.
Sunday eve I was in a different location in the village: The Lukin-Ferguson house




http://www.dwhike.com/History/Civil-War/Lincolns-New-Salem-IL/

Sunday morning I was a Eucharistic Minister at Mass.  I caught a possum in my trap.  Last Sunday a bird flew in the house from the open back door.
This week's rain will produce my first summer squash.   Despite watering the poor thing, it took real rain to keep the blooms from dying. The wind and rain are a hint to the leaves to fall so I think that since my grass was so dry that my next mowing will be mulching.

With the end of reenacting season, I'll no longer need my hair.


Hope some kid needs it more than me.

No comments:

Blog Archive