Sunday, March 19, 2017

My Week

Suck it up Buttercup!
(Childishness)
https://blog.victoriantradingco.com/2017/03/09/victorian-flower-symbolism/

I did misunderstand the date for my surgery that seemed questionable on a Saturday. What sounded like April 22d on a phone was really April 27th.  I did call and verify that I'm on a cancellation list.  I have nothing to live for but this day.  Meanwhile I rest, wait and accept my Lenten sacrifice.  The only other crying I've done on this level is when I lost my husband.  I may look OK in the middle of the day but mornings and evenings are not pretty.

Monday night was sleepless so by 3 AM I took Aleve PM.  I don't want to take a sleep aid but how do I know in advance that I won't be able to sleep?  Springfield had 3.5 inches of snow on Monday.  Fortunately I didn't have to shovel because it was wet heavy snow that accumulated on the grass.  Tuesday there were snow flurries but colder.

Tuesday I went to our Womens Overseas Service League meeting. Afterward I got some new underwear for my hospital travels.  Now Walmart carries muffin top panties!

Wednesday I took Sophie to Bubbles of Fun.  I have to drop her off early when they open which is also my most painful time of the day. Oh is she pretty now. While waiting for Sophie, I shopped at Goodwill on Senior Day.  I found some slip on shoes that I won't have to bend over to put on.  I didn't think I'd like shoes that don't have a back on them because I don't like flopping heals but the front and sides hold them so they don't flop.  I'll probably be dragging my feet more anyway.  LOL.  I just know that I'll be dressed comfortable but I don't want to look like the "People of Walmart" either. 


Well I felt a little better since I picked up a strong prescription (Hydrocodone 5/325 mg 1-2 every 4 hours). It takes about an hour or more to function in the morning after the ice pack and pill. When I took that first pill last night, I felt better and was able to do light house work. Oh I can still feel bones rubbing and tight tendons on the back of my thighs but I'm not in tears.  However, after one pill on Wednesday, 3 on Thursday and 3 on Friday the nausea side effect turned into vomit before I went to bed.

I'm on the prayer list at church so I have a lot of hope. Although I don't have to give up anything for Lent. My sacrifice is pre-assigned! Thanks to Facebook "For sale in Chatham", I found a power lift recliner for $150 and also thanks to facebook. I put out a request for help to haul it from Loami to Chatham and got a response for Friday after school. I had my mom's old power lift chair but it became an old stained eyesore and I had put it in the construction dumpster when my sun room was installed.  This chair used to have a heat pad which no longer works but it has the lift feature that I need.
Through a kind response I made on facebook, a friend named Cathy, offered her family's manpower and truck to transport the chair from Loami to Chatham and set it up for me.  This will sure help a lot.  Immediately, Sophie hoped up and tried it out.  I guess that's how I celebrated St Patrick's Day.  My DNA says I have 6% Irish.  My son has 2%.
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ethnicity/07818982-9028-4265-9A98-6EAA70C84470

 I got a strange text for an appointment with Dr Nester (cardiologist). I wonder how much of this surgery prep work is like "ambulance chasing". I've never gotten an appointment on a text but when I asked on FB, I was told it was a system used by Springfield Clinic.  I called Dr Williams' nurse who said she'd cancel the appointment since my EKG and recent stress test passed.  Whew!

Suttons Construction asked if potential customer could look at my sun room and I said not until I can enjoy it. There's no floor so I can't move furniture in it. Friday I finally had tile installation started in my sun room and to be continued on Monday.  Then I can move my patio furniture in and appreciate it.  Meanwhile, patio furniture is stuffed in the family room since November. Lately, I'm converting my house to be more handicap accessible. Although when I bought this ranch, I had that in mind for old age.  

I feel that a lot of what I refer to as "nothing" appointments are like "ambulance chasing".  For example, the appointment that my son was with me was only a visit with the doctor to see if I wanted consent to the surgery on 3/7/17.  I had told him I was willing at the previous appointment (3/3/17) but apparently he wanted me to think about it and sign a paper.
$166.00
$53.52
$17.84
The appointment on 3/3/17 had a similar explanation of an MRI which I'd already seen in Dr Watson's office (he's the spine injection doctor) who referred me to Dr Williams (surgeon).  Then repeated by his Physicians Assistant who like to tap down my spine and say "tell me where it hurts".  The PA also put the hammer on my knees to test reflex which had already been done by others.  He already should have known all this but just needed to get paid too.  With this being Lent, I am so thankful that there is a future for me and not like those with cancer whom I feel so sorry for.

Saturday morning my car didn't start.  The neighbor tried to jump start my car which I didn't feel was necessary since my battery was less than 5 months old.  I had to get it towed to One Stop Auto.  I'll be without a car for the rest of the weekend.  The tow man did get it started but boy did it stutter and smoke.  He thinks it's a fuel filter.  I did get a call by One Stop and they had it started. It has been stagnant with my staying home more.

More patches to poking boning on my corset.  The other half hanging down is just as bad.
 Time to order a new one.  This plastic stuff is not correct anyway.  Here's a link to corset myths:
http://www.foundationsrevealed.com/index-of-articles/extras/562-busting-corset-myths 

Sunday I missed church since I didn't have a car.  I relined my underwear drawer as seen on Sunday morning CBS Morning (The direct link here but they want me to disable my ad blocker http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/decluttering-queen-marie-kondo/) using the Kondo Method.  When going through items, you ask yourself,
"Does this bring me joy?"  If no, a brief prayer of thanks for being a part of my life and placed in a recycle bag. http://www.tidyingup.com/
To Kondo, the humble act of housecleaning is transformed into sacred ritual, performed in a pure-white outfit, and starting with prayer.  De-cluttering as a ritual   performed by Marie Kondo.
Dump all your clothes in a heap, keep only what makes you happy, and say “thanks” to each possession before throwing it out.  I have a long way to go and only did 2 drawers Sunday.  I had remnants of wrapping paper to line the dresser which had paper over 15 years ago in the bottom.

One thing that I learned from the nursing home:  residents are usually in day clothes (with a few exceptions).  Now that I'm not going out much because of this pain, I try to dress by 10AM when I'm able to pull up my trousers.  Dignity dictates a schedule of night and day.

That dog stroller with the bent frame affecting the front wheels is only good for hauling my recycle bin out to the corner.  The back wheels are fine so I can push with the front up like a wheel barrel.  Junk!  See previous blog for photo.

I fixed lunch for my son and myself on Sunday.  I had Salisbury steak, carrots, mashed potatoes.   Two days off those nauseous pain pills and my apatite is coming back.

I learned that my DNA matched another who was adopted via my grandmother's side (Terres)
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/insights/07818982-9028-4265-9A98-6EAA70C84470
I do have a problem that it won't let me edit my email account from a defunct account because it says the converted to email is already in use.  Duh!  I'll never get an email sent to my old Yahoo account that I closed.  When I try to change the email, "We're sorry, we were unable to update your email address because the email address you entered is already in use."

Major tip....Search your name and opt-out of these public records. Identity thieves will get you.  I did and it takes 48 hours. http://time.com/money/4634434/family-tree-now-opt-out-protect-yourself/
 

No comments:

Blog Archive