Monday, June 1, 2015

My week

Well the good news is that I found a dime while walking the dog on Sunday morning.  The bad news is that Moe tore up one of my reenacting hair buns.


Last February, my sister recommended that I get a tracfone but my insecurity got the best of me until my current phone wouldn't charge anymore.  I had looked at a few of them at Meijer after her recommendation but the clerk there didn't know anything.  I figure the young and underpaid Walmart workers would be a great guide so I got a new tracfone when my Alcatel stopped charging without being held together by hand.  It had connection problems both at the outlet cord and my car charger and I was not about to hold the cable to the phone while it charges for an hour.  I've been meaning to get one after my sister told me she liked her tracfone.  This just pushed me into it.  I bought a year of data and a Galaxy tracfone.  Heck, that year's worth of phone time is like 2 1/2 months with AT&T.  Eric at Walmart helped me last night but the transfer was not complete before I left. Usually takes about 24 hours.  I had the tracfone package in a bag from the electronics dept and checked out the frozen yogurt and wine. I left with 2 bags thinking the wine and yogurt were in the same bag. Walmart must have a bag per item policy. I hoped that it would melt all over his dolly.  Ok, I went back to Walmart the following day since I needed help with my tracfone. I had voice messages that I couldn't retrieve and a text that I from a new contact that I had little experience and control.  After that problem was solved, I went to the service desk with my receipt for my frozen yogurt and asked, "Has anyone ever gotten home and discovered something missing that was purchase?" I was told it happens all the time. She let me get some frozen yogurt. All is right!!!
Oh and I ordered this to conceal the phone during reenactments.  Hope it fits and doesn't get ruined too much.  It's probably not for every day use but our ancestors were very religious.

I fear that will not fit my tracfone so I also ordered this:

We had a new leader at our exercise group on Wednesday with 3 trainers about to leave.  I know we like to have our habits but this new instructor, Jen, was with the YMCA.  Instead of a circle of chairs, we had a more classroom line set up.  This and structure had one lady leave right away.  However, it seemed to help another when we walked a balanced line across the room along the chairs.  She uses a cane and the security of a chair back along the path gave her security (that she didn't seem to need).

Friday I came home from exercise and dressed for our pastor's funeral.  Pass the tissues.  The church was packed like it was Christmas.  The service was long and I got to the Old State Capitol just in time for my volunteer schedule.  It was busy.  I was really surprised when one of the visitors gave me a tip when so few seem to acknowledge the "suggested donation" box.   There were two new seasonal workers there that started on Wednesday.  They could greet visitors but were not ready to give a tour.  Afterward I was planning to go to Edwards Place for 1850s music but it didn't start till 7PM and that was a lot of time to kill.  So I went to the VFW for dinner.  Service was so slow I missed the concert.

Saturday I would have liked to have gone to a reenactment in Delavan, about an hour away, but it rained.  I guess we need to relieve the downpour that they are getting in Texas.  So I went to a presentation on the GAR at the Military Museum and then to our Legion Italian dinner.  Food was good but the turn out was poor.  Bob looked just like the picture in the Norman Rockwell photo.


I see the start of little buds on my tomato plants.  All the rain has been good for my little garden. Sure I've had some tall grass to mow too but I look at it this way...Central Illinois rain may be relieving the pressure received by Texas a little.


Monday morning I woke up about 6AM and shortly thereafter a POP and a power outage. Chatham Electric came quickly though and it only lasted less than a half hour. I took a shower by candlelight and ready to dry my hair in the end.  My dog training lesson for Monday was cancelled.   I guess I'm on my own for a week.

No comments:

Blog Archive