Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My Week

Whew, upset tummy last Thursday.   You know, the kind that keeps you near the toilet.  Then on Monday, my dog had the squirts.  What a mess.  

I learned that TRICARE is not paying for my medical bills since I retired in January.   TRICARE was given a letter of termination from Blue Cross that was on record.  They did not get a termination from Health Alliance which was terminated in 2011 for the Blue Cross plan.  Then I tried to login to Tricare and apparently the password I saved is not working so I requested a reset.  To do that, I needed to answer a question: What was the name of your first pet?  I typed in Smoky, that didn't work.  I typed in Smokie.  That didn't work.  So I called and learned it should read "Smokey".  Then, I got the following email:

This is a notification that an unsuccessful attempt was made to reset your 
myPay Password online effective 08/29/2014 at 09:58:02 Eastern Time using 
responses to your Security Questions for Password Resets.  If you did not 
take this action, contact a Password Administrator at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411, 
Commercial 216-522-5096, or DSN 580-5096, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. 
Option 5 is for myPay questions or issues.
 
 I thought the reset password would come in an email but it comes snail mail.  Oh this is frustrating.  I did ask Health Alliance (whom I canceled in 2011 for Blue Cross under a threat to be dropped as a provider) to mail me a termination statement which will take awhile because of Labor Day.  Saga continues.

I went to a Brown Bag Lunch "Reveal" of the remodeling of Edwards Place.  It was interesting the way Erica defended Edwards Place (over Iles House) as being the oldest house in Springfield.  Her slide of the Iles house in poor shape being moved boosted Edwards Place as being older.  She also explained the problems she found with archeological facts.  For example:  there was wallpaper found in the old kitchen.  Now why would they wallpaper a kitchen with a fireplace stove and soot?  Hypothesis was that they didn't and the wallpaper was later or it wasn't a kitchen afterall.    http://restoreedwardsplace.blogspot.com/2014/08/that-mysterious-arch.html
There is another today.
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismsites/main/events.html

We, the Soldiers Aid Society, got a nice thank you note from the crew at Looking for Lincoln for working at the State Fair.

I went to the Arthur Cheese Festival.  I rode on an Amish Buggy by a standard bred 4 year old horse named Amy.

Long way to go for groceries.  I got whole wheat noodles, peanut butter,  fruit twists, rhubarb nut bread and pickled sweet watermelon rind.  I noticed that the cheese was already in the refrigerator and missed a photo opportunity.

I bathed my dog and took her for a walk to help shake it off. About 3 feet in front of her, she saw a cicada in flight and caught it in her mouth. It's her favorite snack but very seasonal.

I'm so proud of my son Alan, who can be seen at 1:26 on the video:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=601546869877088

Here's a link to the interview that I had with a reporter for the Alestele  when I helped with the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.
http://www.alestlelive.com/lifestyles/article_bcb73b26-2cb3-11e4-aeb7-001a4bcf6878.html

I watched a movie online:  Cheyenne Warrior (1994)
As war is brewing between the Union and the Confederacy, Matthew and Rebecca are travelling west to start a new life in Oregon. Along the way, they stop at a remote trading post, where they meet up with some Cheyenne Indians. Though the Cheyenne are friendly toward the pioneers, Matthew doesn't like them and warns a group of hunters that hostile Indians are preparing for an attack. In the confrontation that results, only Rebecca and a single wounded Cheyenne warrior named Hawk are left alive. As the winter closes in, and the two are forced to rely on each other for survival, they begin to understand and even feel affection for each other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30uekCLdZk 


I picked some carrots and eggplant from my garden.  One of my eggplants was a twin.
I don't seem to be too successful at eggplant Parmigiana but if I do it saute like buttered carrots it works. 

Monday I sent a box to a lady soldier after receiving her assignment from the Soldiers Angels Ladies of Liberty team.

No comments:

Blog Archive