Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Week

One of the ladies in our dog obedience class took pictures for us.  Marley did not want to have her picture taken and it was difficult to get her to show her face.  Marley was also afraid of the flash because she is afraid of lightning.  It took a number of shots to get Marley to face the photographer.
Friday evening I rented 2 movies: The Rite and some guy flick about a baseball team for my son.  I didn’t watch that movie.  He stays up late.
Saturday I went to the Old State Capitol for tours from 11-3PM.  It was a boy scout weekend and they get a badge for the Lincoln Pilgrimage.  I really enjoy that because the visitors are really interested in what I have to say about the Old State Capitol and I am eager to share it.
After I left the Old State Capitol, I came home briefly and then left for the VFW.  There was a big sold-out fundraiser for the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight and I was going to be on their honor guard for the first time along with Dave, Jerry and Gene.  The staff had served 310 people dinner in 60 minutes.  We get to eat if there are dinners left.  There were tap dancers and jugglers and a 40’s band.   There was a barbershop quartet as part of the entertainment. I thought that quartet was odd singing Wild Irish Rose and wanted anyone named Rose in the audience to stand. I looked around like it was a setup because of the earlier attention I got being the only female on the honor guard.  I stood shyly I felt like I had called enough attention to myself after that 3 men and a lady Honor Guard gig. No others stood.   Their song seemed directed toward me.  Later I went to the rest room and the quartet was at a table in the bar and said “Hi Rose”.  I had to do a second take on how these strangers knew my name because I was the only Rose in the crowd.  Duh – then it occurred to me that they saw me standing for their song.
Sunday I went to church.  Someone there asked me if I rode my motorcycle.  It was pouring rain.  If someone sees me enjoying my ride, I wonder if they are happy that I’m happy.  I’m happy for the farmers getting the much needed rain.  I was planning to go to a visitation for KIA Sgt Dean Schafer (50 miles away) but decided to cook dinner for my 2 sons and have quality time with them which will be remembered more than just being a PGR member in the crowd especially since it was a rainy day.  We had 2” of rain and it was much needed.  I prayed for Dean at Mass.  I roasted some pork and cooked colored peppers and tabouli salad which my sons didn’t like.  We had strawberry-rubarb pie which is always a hit.
I had to get a new router and modem for our internet. 
Tues morning it rained again but cleared later in the day.  I tried to walk the dogs before work but Marley heard a clap of thunder and we had to turn around.  At least Bentley got to squeeze out his morning duty before putting them back in the house.  Before I left the house, my son called from his room.  He wanted me to see Marley had jumped up on his bed for security from the thunder.  I was also pretty sore from my exercise class.  We did something like snow angels with weights.
My son got called for jury duty and went and then came home.
I am now “the admin” for the Illinois Soldiers Angels facebook page.
I rode my motorcycle to work on Wednesday for the first time since my accident.  On the way to work at a stop light near the high school with students present, I signaled for a right turn.  I could not turn on red with traffic and students but the lady in the car behind honked for me to turn on red and I could see her throwing her hands up in the air in my mirrors.  You’d be so proud of me for not flipping her off.  She was in a hurry.  After it turned green, the students crossed in the cross walk so as soon as they cleared the crosswalk, then I turned.  The bitch then turned and passed me only to brake for a jeep ahead of he

No comments:

Blog Archive